chapter 10: christmas

The group of six friends all decided to spend Christmas at the Potters, along with Aliyah who went wherever her father goes

The group of six friends all decided to spend Christmas at the Potters, along with Aliyah who went wherever her father goes. Remus had spent the beginning days of Christmas at home leaving at night on the 24th with a sleeping child and an overly excited Thalia who loved the holiday more than he thought.

Aliyah had woken everyone up in the morning and forced them all down stairs at the first sight of the sun. She helped hand out presents being told who they're for by her father.

Lily and James sat on the love seat taking up less room than there was Lily was practically asleep. Sirius sat on the arm chair an unlit cigarette in his mouth as he tried his hardest not to be envious of the girl that sat between Remus's legs, he just kept thinking of anyone but him. And Peter was passed out again from being forced awake too early by the little girl, a stack of presents making it's way around him.

Thalia ended up pushing herself off the floor and walking into the kitchen followed by Remus who had left his daughter with Sirius.

"Hey Rem," Thalia smiled as she made her tea, "would you like some tea?"

"Sure, thanks," Remus scratched the back of his head, "I actually wanted to give you this."

Thalia took the small box and opened it to find a necklace with a pearl n it. The girl smiled at the present thinking back on the conversation they had had on one of the many walks he took her on.

"Your always wearing pearls," Remus pointed out.

"Some girls like gold or silver, I prefer pearls," Thalia smiled at the boy.

"Why pearls?"

"Because it means more then just beauty. It means sincerity, purity, integrity and it enlightens the mind. To me it means more then just a gold necklace with a fancy charm on the end."

"I'll remember that." Remus smirked as he pointed to his head.

"You remembered," Thalia smiled.

"I'm always going to remember, because I want to know everything about you. I want to know how your the nicest person but life's given you so many reasons to be bitter. I want to know how you can love someone like me and how you don't care that being with me means you'll become a mother because you still have your whole life ahead of you. I'm falling in love with you Thalia and I want to fall completely if you let me."

"What are you asking Remus?" Thalia smirked at the boy.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked, his voice running faster than usual and nerves racing through his blood stream.

"I would love to be your girlfriend," Thalia smiled before going on her tip toes to kiss him just as the water started boiling.

The day went by with lots of more food, many Christmas movies, and testing out everything new that had been received.

The day was amazing but they couldn't leave their house due to the war that had begun and that was enough to keep fear in their minds as the day went on and eventually came to a close.

Remus put Aliyah to bed, for the first time in a while, the little girl wanted her father to put her to sleep rather than Thalia. He cleaned her up, read her a story and watched as she fell asleep, all the sugar come down on her earlier than usual as she crashed.

He kissed her forehead and the left the room and and walked down the stairs sitting next to Thalia and wrapping an arm around her body.

"I had a question for you all," Thalia said mid way through their conversation.

"What is it?" James asked from across the room.

"How did you all find out about Allie? Remus told me the story of how he did but he never told me any of yours reactions."

The three marauders smirked, "well it's quite an interesting story."