chapter 13: unexpected

Currently, it was March and not much had happened around the castle other than classes and being kept in the dark about what was happening outside of the school

Currently, it was March and not much had happened around the castle other than classes and being kept in the dark about what was happening outside of the school. Dumbledore insisted the students not know all that was going on with the war as it would distract them and put them into unnecessary stress. But when someone's parents would pass, the head of house would walk up to them and take them out of the great hall. Everyone knew what that meant now, and it was something they wished to forget.

The end of term exams were coming up and the group of seven sat in the library studying and getting ready for the last days of school. They had spent their whole lives dreading this day but know they couldn't wait. They couldn't wait to be free and finally help in this war.

"I was wondering?" Lily said dropping her quill in her book.

"Yeah?" James looked over to his fiancé. James had asked Lily to marry him on news years day right when the time had changed and they planned to marry soon after they graduated.

"What do you think about the order, are you going to join?"

All four boys nodded their heads, all already having agreeing to it when Dumbledore asked the six friends earlier in the month.

"I'm not, I'm not much of a fighter but I'm going to be helping in other ways. I'm starting a healing program right out of school and I've already excepted to be a healer for the order. But when or if the final battle comes I'm going to be fighting in that as well as healing," Thalia answered, the weight of her words hanging down on all the friends.

Aliyah was walking around the library looking at books and climbing onto benches to peek out windows, "I have to fight, for Aliyah, for her future."

The group of friends looked at the boy in understanding. He wasn't just fighting for his own freedom, or for himself, he was fighting for a little girl that looked up to him for protection and safety, a little girl that was pure and innocent and deserved a future where she didn't have to feel afraid. They were all fighting for that. They were fighting for a future.

An owl started pecking at the window and Aliyah let it in watching as it flew over to her father and back out the window making her giggle thinking her nana had sent the letter.

Only when Remus looked down at the perfect cursive and the name written at the top corner he paled, "who is it Remus?"

"It's from Amelia," he said opening the letter,

Dear Remus,
I know it's been a while but I recently heard you kept Allie, I also heard you named her Aliyah but sometimes call her Allie and I wanted to thank you. It's a perfect name, and I know the meaning behind it is dear to your family. And I thank you for calling her Allie sometimes as you know it's dear to me.

I'm visiting London soon and would love it if I could see her. I understand if you don't want to let me because of what I did as a stupid thirteen years old. But I'm sorry, and I just want to see her and meet her and then I'll leave again, I promise.

Love, Amelia

"What did she say?" Sirius asked looking at his friend and at the girl beside him who's face morphed into one of worry as she touched his shoulder, "is everything all right Rem."

"She's visiting London and wants to meet Aliyah."