chapter 11: the truth

FLASHBACK

Remus walked up to the Potter manor fidgeting with the straps on his jumper

Remus walked up to the Potter manor fidgeting with the straps on his jumper. He was bringing his new born baby to meet all his friends. Aliyah was in the other one of his arms asleep and he just hoped this wasn't the last straw to losing all his friends.

He heard footsteps and debated on turning around and running home. To just leave his friends and pretend like he washed off of the face of the earth. But the door opened and Euphemia looked at the thirteen year old with begs under his eyes, apple sauce on his shoulder and a baby in his hands and she knew. She always knew.

She ushered the boy in and into the living room where the other three boys sat and Fleamont was with them. James was the first to look up to greet his friend but his smile dropped as confusion ran over all his features.

"Remus, why do you have a baby?" The other three boys looked over at their friend who looked like he was about to crumble and break.

"Shes my daughter," Remus answered looking down at the sleeping baby in his arms.

"When did you find the time to have a baby!?" Sirius asked, his eyes blinking in the process.

"Amelia, she got pregnant and she told me she was getting an abortion but she couldn't do it and so she left the baby at my fucking doorstep with nothing but a letter and I couldn't just find her a new home. I had to keep her, she's my daughter and I knew it was going to be hard but it's harder than I thought and my dad keeps yelling at me to shut her up and mum helps but she has to go to work and then I'm all alone and—"

"Remus mate, you can stay here for the rest of summer and we'll help you," James said determination on all of features as Sirius and Peter nodded along.

"Yeah, we'll take turns," Sirius smiled, his bad boy demeanour pausing for a moment as he looked down at the little girl in his friends arms.

"Can I hold her?" James asked only for Remus to hand the baby over immediately and starching out his arms, "she's so cute."

"She's a little devil is what she is."

"Remus do not talk about my god daughter that way," James said giving the boy a death glare. Remus laughed but then said, "no but actually James she is your goddaughter."

"Actually!?"

"Hey that's not fair," Sirius and Peter exclaimed.

"James is like a mother, you two are like children but obviously if James chooses not to I have many back ups one being my mother who fully agreed.

"No! If you die I'll take care of—"

"Aliyah."

"Aliyah," James repeated.

"Know we have a girl in the marauders," Peter said looking down at the small child and getting her to grip his finger.

"Little moony is going to run the show one day."

"That's for sure."

We should add little moony to the map then when she goes to Hogwarts we can do a ceremony and give her the map and she can add the names of her mates but in smaller letters.

BACK TO PRESENT

"That's so sweet."

"I know, we're the best friends ever," James said as he shrugged his shoulders.

Remus rolled his eyes but the conversation went on longer until an ungodly hour reached the clocks and the friends fell asleep in living room with a movie and the fire both still on. They were scattered around the room, James and Lily on the love seat. Peter and Sirius each on an arm chair, in their animagus forms. And Remus and Thalia on the floor on top of many blankets but for the friends, this was the calm before the storm. This was that precious moment they would remember forever in case not all of them made it.