chapter 16: gentle goodbyes

TIME SKIP

Joining the order had been one decision, but all the ones that followed seemed a lot worse to make

Joining the order had been one decision, but all the ones that followed seemed a lot worse to make. Both James and Remus each lost their parents, followed by the death of Lily's. The group of friends all moved into the Potter household together, hoping this was one of those good decisions.

Thalia ended up post-phoning her medical career as the time wasn't right and helping the order seemed more important. The friends would go on missions, and spent their off time hiding out at the house feeling trapped because going out in public was like signing up to die.

Lily ended up getting pregnant but what followed would change their lives forever, a prophecy following the family and holding a dagger over the fingers head as if she was already dead. James became restless doing everything he could to protect his family. But they all knew Frank was doing the same, both dads hating that they were secretly wishing it was the others son.

And then Thalia had news to give. She was pregnant only a month after Lily meaning the baby would come early August. Remus was happy but he couldn't be ecstatic. They weren't married nor did they plan on getting married any time soon and her getting pregnant was also something he saw as an inconvenience, which also made him hate himself for thinking but it was the only truth that made sense.

How was he supposed to take care of another person? How was he supposed to be in charge of another person, a little baby that would look up to him and feel safe under his touch. A little baby that expected the world, and he never thought he could give it.

When Lily gave birth she named her son Harry James Potter falling into that perfect bliss that came with motherhood. And Remus was there to give his friends all the knowledge he had after having been a father for five years now.

Neville Longbottom was also born both babies bringing joy back to the order and reminding people why they're doing this and why they were fighting. A proper future, not only for them but for all witches and wizards to come.

And shortly after Remus and Thalia welcomed a little girl into the world, Emily Pearl Lupin. Remus had since forgotten ever thinking of her as nothing but a burden and felt himself being wrapped around her finger just like Aliyah.

Aliyah loved having Emily as a sister and always asked to hold her and kiss her head goodnight before she could go to sleep.

More people died. People the friends had grown up with, family they knew, or just random people they mourned for because they didn't know if anyone else was. This war was brutal, and seemed impossible to get out of until it happened. Until the patronus of Albus Dumbledore came flying into the large home,

"He's coming to the school, it's happening, we need everyone who can fight to come."

They dropped Aliyah, Emily and Harry off at the Weasleys and aparated straight to the school. The war had been long and draining but the battle was commencing and soon it would all be over, but what did that look like?

This chapter isn't the best, it's just a filler before the war chapter and the ending of part one but it has important information to prepare you for what's to come.