The People Around Us

The moment felt like the cheesiest thing to ever happen in my life, you know, the one you see at the end of that RomCom movie which your mum forces you to watch and that you act like you hate when in reality you don't but the main reason you do hate it is mainly because you are so lonely and jealous of the characters and how they live happily ever after when you are sat there is PJ's, eating ice cream with mascara running down your face. Well I was now the girl that everyone was jealous of and, I have to say, I understand why the character smiles so much and why everyone gets so damn jealous, damn- it was such a good feeling. That was until I looked around and realised there were a lot of people staring at us. That made my cheeks go bright red. There was the obvious people looking at us, these include - the old couple who whisper to each other, "aww young love, remember when we were like that" to each other, the young boy who gags and finds what he witnessed as disgusting as childbirth and the little girl who sees it and thinks there is nothing more magical than that moment. We slowly snapped back into reality and neither of us could hold in our laughter, he burst out into the tea kettle being suffocated laugh and that set me off laughing even more, we looked like such idiots but our laughter made each other laugh even more, I think I even heard Clay say, "I'm going to pee myself" which made me laugh and respond with "does this look like a bed to you?", that got a few stares from nosey ass people around us but for Clay, he was bent over- practically on the floor- laughing until the point I think he was the same shade of red as a tomato. People were starting to get a bit annoyed so we composed ourselves, went over to the side of the pod and admired the view for the last time before we reached the end.

Once we had gotten off, we made our way back to George and I's house which was a fifteen minute drive away, I had messaged Sap asking if they wanted us to pick up food for them and he obviously said yes to, so we grabbed them some food from the McDonalds down the road and headed home. The boys were still unaware of what had happened between Clay and I but I couldn't wait to see how they would react since they seemed to be our biggest supporters, "are you going to tell the boys or am I?" I spoke, "umm I can tell them if you'd like? It'll save the awkward conversation with George and I'm sure he wont say anything he hasn't already told me" he replied. I chuckled at the response because I knew how true it was, the amount of times I had overheard their conversations and listened in on George's attempt to grill Clay about us being a thing, it was cute that he cared but in all honesty he didn't mean a word of what he was saying - he knew me and Clay being a thing would make it so much easier for him, he knew that man better than anyone so me being with him would make him feel confident I was being looked after, plus every time I'd bring Clay up to George, he would get awkward and do that embarrassed chuckle.

The drive back to my place was short and entertaining to say the least, Clay immediately regretted saying he would tell the boys as he couldn't figure out how would be best to tell them, he did that thing where he nervously waffles but it's not my problem anymore so I just laughed at him the majority of the time, it's not that I didn't feel bad, I did, but I knew that the boys would be nothing but supportive and they could do what 'bros' do and fist bump or whatever the heck else they do. Who knew someone so cocky and confident as him could worry so much about something not that major? It was quite cute to watch but I knew I would be shitting myself if I was in his shoes. As soon as we walked through the door we were bombarded by the 'starving males', those were Sap's words not mine. He was being a little dramatic but knowing George I wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't eaten all day, he is no chef. They didn't see to care at all about our day out which was nice but I was also very suspicious as to why not a single question was asked about it. That was until the boys started to whisper to each other and they suddenly started to make excuses as to why they needed to leave, George's was something about 'coding for a new vid', pft he never codes anything for his videos, we all know Clay does that. Saps excuse was 'he needed a shit' which, I mean- it's Sap, so I wouldn't be surprised and Clays was 'I think Patches is meowing for me', this I knew was utter bs, he didn't even bring Patches with him!? I just rolled my eyes and chuckled, they may be adult men but they sure as hell do act like teenage girls at a sleepover.

———
A/n: Heyyyy guys! I'm back lmao, I don't know how long I'll be active again for but I do want to apologise, I kinda forgot about this book (and the other one). I will try to finish this as I have a lot of free time currently but no promises, I would like to say, thank you for 18k reads (as of me writing this, I think), I love you guys loads. Here's to more updates... hopefully :)
1000 words.