Chapter 1 - Forced into this

(Izuku's POV)

*knock knock*
I flinched at the sudden sound breaking the evening silence in my room. I quickly got up and opened my door, seeing my mother standing there, fidgeting nervously. Well- obviously that would be my mother. It's not like anyone else lives in this house. My father left us when I was very young, so that left my mother and me alone.
"Izuku..Can we talk?"
I could sense she was really nervous. Maybe she wanted me to move out? I mean, it made sense, considering I'm 23 and still living with my mother. But I don't want to leave her alone. Plus I got fired from my last job, which means I don't have a job. So I can't buy a house yet.
"Sure, mom." I say, smiling.
She smiled back at me, and made me follow her to the living room, and sat me down in front of the coffee table.
"So, Izuku..do you remember those friends I mentioned to you about? The ones I had in high school?"
I nod.
"Well.. I actually made a promise to them back then.." she pauses and looks at me.
"Promise? What does it have to do with me though?"
I was confused. I mean, it was okay for her to tell me the promises she made, but to act so nervous about it? Was it related to me somehow? That was almost impossible.. I never met her friends, and they have never met me. Not even when I was a kid, according to my mother.
"Izuku, honey.. I made a promise..and it's about you and their son."
I raise my eyebrows in confusion. Her son?
"We made a promise in high school saying that you two will get married in the futu-"
"MOM!" I yell at her. "Me? Getting married? That's not fair! You know I have a boyfriend! I love him..plus, I should be able to marry who I want.. This is.. So forced.. I'm not doing it." She looked at me with guilt and hurt in her eyes. I almost felt guilty.
"I'm sorry Izuku.. But you know I keep my word to a promise.. I know you have a boyfriend, but.. Maybe you should end it.. I'm really sorry Izuku.. Please do it for me? He's a really sweet guy, and you two will get along perfectly. I'm sure you'll love him twice as much."
I couldn't believe what I was heading right now. There is no way I'm breaking up with Hiroto.We've been dating for more than an year. I'm not going to end it like this. But..- Her eyes look so.. Pleading.
"Mom.." I mumble, not knowing what to say at this point.
"Please, Izuku?" She looked at me with such pleading eyes I couldn't say no.
"I.. O-okay..i could do it.. I guess.. If he agrees.."
I gulp. I have a lump in my throat. I can't help it. I want to cry. I want to let it all out.
"I-I'll go to my room now..." I say, putting on a fake smile.
"Izuku.." I hear my mother say under her breath.
I didn't wait for her to say anything else. I quickly got up and went to my room. Went to my room and cried.

It has been a few days since my mother told me about the promise. I didn't tell my boyfriend about it yet.. I didn't want to.
My mother has been asking me to come visit her friends, Mitsuki Bakugo and Masaru Bakugo for a while now. She wants me to meet my future husband. I still have no idea what his name is though.
knock knock
Must be mom again.
"Come in." I call to her.
"Izuku honey, Mitsuki invited the both of us for lunch tomorrow. Isn't it amazing? You can meet your future husband now!" She excitedly informs me, even though I don't want to go visit them.
"Wait.. Tomorrow? But.."
But that's when I have a date with Hiroto..
"But what, Izuku?"
I didn't want to tell her. She thought I broke up with him.
"N-nothing.." I stammer..managing a grin.
"Well then! Make sure to wear nice clothes for tomorrow, okay?" She smiles at me and leaves.
Ugh. Great. Now I have to meet him.
I wonder how he feels about this..

So I've been forced to wear a suit. A SUIT. A SUIT FOR LUNCH TO MY MOTHER'S FRIENDS' HOUSE-
Isn't it too formal? I mean, my mother is wearing normal-not-too-fancy-clothes. Why can't I?
"Are you ready? Can we get going now?"
She picks up her handbag which she had placed on the table.
"Yes.. Yes I'm ready.. Let's go." I go outside and wait for my mother. She locks the door and walks up to me.
"I'll be seeing them after so long.." She whispers under her breath. Guess she's excited to see her old friends. I can't help but smile at her.

"INKO!" A blonder haired woman with spiky hair shrieks. She and my mother hug really tightly for about 10 seconds, and the hug was only broken when a brown haired male with glasses appeared behind them.
"Oh, Inko! You've arrived. It's been a while now, hasn't it?"
My mother nods,and we were invited inside. I was honestly very nervous and didn't know what to say.
"Oh! And you must be Izuku, right? You're so adorable!" The blonde- who is probably Mitsuki- pinched my cheeks. I give her a shaky smile.
"U-uhm.. It's nice to m-meet you, Mrs. Bakugo.." I say politely.
"Where's your son, Mitsuki?" My mother questions her. I look around the room, but there's no one my age here.
"Oh- Katsuki. He got mad after I told him about the promise, and he stomped out of here. Don't worry, he'll get over it soon." She grins.
Oh. So he didn't want to do this either.
I wonder what he looks like though..