Chapter 2 - Date

Preview

"Where's your son, Mitsuki?" My mother questions her. I look around the room, but there's no one my age here.
"Oh-Katsuki. He got mad after I told him about the promise, and he stomped out of here. Don't worry, he'll get over it soon." She grins.
Oh. So he didn't want to do this either.
I wonder what he looks like though..

(Izuku's POV)

"That brat still hasn't come back." Mitsuki groaned.
We have been here for almost 3 hours, and her son, the guy I was supposed to marry, Katsuki, still hasn't come back from where we he ran off to. He must really not want to get married. Maybe he has a boyfriend or a girlfriend too? I mean if he does, we both can talk it out with our parents and we don't have to get married.
"Well, it's getting quite late, and we've been here for hours already. I think we should leave. Izuku can meet Katsuki another time, right Izuku?" She looked at me, smiling.
I really didn't want to meet him. I didn't want to see him at all. Maybe if he hadn't existed then I wouldn't have to get marri- Wait what am I saying. It's not his fault, he doesn't want to do this either.
"Izuku?" My mother interrupts my thoughts.
"H-huh.. Oh yes, I can meet him another time, no worries." I smiled faintly, and Mrs. Bakugo grinned at me.
"He's such a sweet kid, honestly! I wish my son was like that, sweet and adorable, but he had to be an asshole with a shitty attitude. Oh well, I guess he takes that from me."
The adults all laughed, while I just stood there with a blank face. Asshole? A shitty attitude? Will I really get along with a person like this?

(Katsuki's POV)

"Stupid old hag! Who the fuck does she think she is, choosing who I marry?! Like bitch,I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND! And I love her, so fuck off! What was his name anyway? Izuku Midoriya or some shit. Bet he's a fucking player or something."
I keep muttering to myself as I kept walking wherever my legs would take me to. My mother had told me that I would be getting married to a guy  because of a promise or some shit. Like I give a fuck about a promise she made. And then she tells me that they're coming over for lunch today. What do you expect me to do? The last thing I would do is stay there and meet that stupid dumbass who I'm supposed to marry.

(Izuku's POV)

As we were heading out, Mrs. Bakugo calls to us
"Hey, maybe you and Katsuki should go on a date?"
I froze. It would be rude to say no, but I-
"He would love to! After all, it's better if they get to know each other before the marriage. That would make things less awkward, wouldn't it?"
Mrs. Bakugo smiles at her, nodding, while I just awkwardly stand there. I thought the question was meant for me?
"So then, tomorrow it is! At the café,okay Izuku honey? I'm sure Katsuki will agree!" She exclaimed sweetly. I nod and put on a fake smile. How was I going to explain all this to my boyfriend? What if he happens to be in the café and he sees us there? What if I tell him but.. He doesn't approve? I push all these thoughts away as me and my mother make our way to our house. She kept talking about how the wedding would be, but I wasn't paying attention to her.

beep..beep..beep

"Ughhh, what time is it?" I groaned as I picked up my clock. 9:53. I wanted to wake up early today so I could hang out with Hiroto but I guess I just kept hitting snooze.. Now I have to get ready for the date with Bakugo. Great.

"Mom" I said as I went to the kitchen to find her.
"Casual clothes are fine right? For the date? I don't want to wear anything formal for a date with a guy I don't even like. Plus I'm not really interested to go."
I said, giving her a hint that I did not  want to go on this dumb date. But instead she smiled at me.
"That's alright sweetheart, just don't wear something like a hoodie and sweat pants, that's too casual."
I frowned. "Want me to help you pick out your clothes?" She offered.
"No." I just replied coldly. She wasn't getting it at all.

It was almost time for the date, so I decided to just head out to the café.
Now, how on earth will I find him? I have no idea how he looks. Maybe, because I don't know how he looks, I'll just stay there for a bit to see if I can spot him and then I'll leave. Since I most likely won't be able recognize him, and then I can just use that as an excuse. I smiled to myself.

I've been in here for 2 awkward minutes. Just 3 more minutes and I'll leave..
It's seriously so embarrassing to just stand by the café door, eyeing each person who walks in the café and every guy who's already in the café. That's when I spot a blonde guy who looks a lot like Mrs. Bakugo. Could that be him? He was in the back, so I had to squint to have a good look at him. He was good looking, for sure, with those charming red, eyes, and spiky hair, and his figure was well-built. He catches me staring at him and I can feel myself go red. I breathe and walk towards him. He seemed somewhat irritated.
"U-uh.. Hey.. Are you Katsuki Bakugo?-" I stammer and immediately wished I had trained what I needed to say in my head. I was nervous for sure. He stared at me for a few seconds.
And then he glared at me.
"Guess your Izuku Midoriya. Tch. Just sit down and we'll get this over with." I nodded and sat down. He was definitely scary.
"Do you want to fucking do this or not?!" He yelled at me, making me flinch. He really didn't need to yell, especially since we were in a public café, and there are people around us.
"D-do what?"
He rolls his eyes at me.
"The marriage, stupid Deku." I narrow my eyebrows a little bit.
"Deku..?"
Did he just call me Deku?
"Yeah, Deku because you seem pretty useless." He laughs at me as my eyes grew wide with shock. Mrs. Bakugo was certainly not kidding when she said he was an asshole with a shitty attitude. I don't want to marry this guy. Never mind, I never did.
"Uhm..anyway.. I.."
I wanted to tell him that I had a boyfriend.
"What?"
I look a down, avoiding his face.
"I kind of have a boyfriend.." I managed to say.
"I have a girlfriend. I'm not breaking up with her."
I looked up, surprised.
"O-oh.. So what about our marriage..?" He sighs and leans back on his chair.
"We keep it a secret."
I look at him confused.
"Keep what a secret?" Our marriage or..?
"Your boyfriend dummy. And my girlfriend. We'll secretly date them, and not tell our parents. We should tell them about this though, or they'll get the wrong idea."
This wasn't such a bad idea.. I nod at him, smiling a bit.
"Listen here, Deku, just because we're going to get married doesn't mean we have a lovey-dovey relationship. We'll act like strangers to each other."
I gulped. Strangers? Can't we be friends?
"N-not even friends?" I look down again, embarrassed.
"No."
Harsh.
"O-oh,alright.. But I don't really know how to tell my boyfriend about this.." He rolls his eyes.
"Tomorrow. Another date. Bring your boyfriend or whatever and we'll talk about out."