✨✨✨ Stories of lord Ganesh ✨✨✨

The Story Of The Missing Conch :

This is a wonderful story that showed how even Lord Vishnu had to relent to Lord Ganesha's antics.

Vishnu was known to have a conch with him that he kept with himself at all times. One fine day, he noticed that the conch was missing and it was nowhere to be found. This got him extremely annoyed and he rallied all his powers into finding the conch.

As the search for the conch was on, Lord Vishnu suddenly began hearing the sound of the conch emanating from a distance. He began searching for it in that direction and soon realized that the sound was coming from Mount Kailash itself. As he reached the mountain, he found out that the conch had been taken by Lord Ganesha and he was busy blowing it. Knowing that Lord Ganesha will not relent easily, he sought out Shiva and asked him to request Ganesha to return the conch back to him

Shiva said he, too, didn't have any power of Ganesha's wishes and the only way to appease him is to perform a puja for him. So, Lord Vishnu did do that. He set up all the necessary elements for the puja and worshipped Ganesha with his heart. Seeing this, Ganesha was extremely pleased and he returned Vishnu's conch back to him.

Moral

The story quite interestingly reveals the fun side to Lord Ganesha and his antics. Furthermore, it teaches us about humility by showing how God as great as Vishnu, did not hesitate to worship Ganesha.

The Story of Shiva's Failed Battle :

Lord Shiva and Lord Ganesha have many stories together. However, this story goes beyond the relationship between father and son and teaches a very important lesson.

When the elephant head was procured and Ganesha was brought back to life, Shiva heeded Parvati's wishes and made it a rule that before beginning any new endeavor, it was necessary to worship Lord Ganesha and get his blessings. However, Shiva forgot that the rule applied to him as well.

On one such occasion, Shiva was heading out to war with the demons and proceeded to take his entire army along with him for it. But, in the rush of leaving for the battle, he forgot to worship Ganesha first. This led to them facing many problems even before reaching the battlefield. On the way to the location of the battle, the war-carriage wheel was damaged and the progress came to a halt. This seemed like divine intervention to Shiva and he suddenly remembered that he had totally forgotten to worship Ganesha before heading for battle.

Stopping all his troops, Shiva proceeded to set up the puja then and there and completed the rituals worshipping Ganesha. With Ganesha's blessings, Shiva proceeded ahead and he and his army were successful in defeating the demons completely.

Moral

This just goes to show that no matter who you are, once you have created a rule, it applies to everyone equally.

The Story Of Ganesha's Wisdom :

Lord Ganesha is called the god of knowledge and wisdom and there is a spectacular story that illustrates why it is so.

Ganesha had a younger brother called as Karthikeya. Both would get along well but, just like all other siblings, they would have moments of arguments and fights. On one such day, Ganesha and Karthikeya both ended up finding a unique fruit in the forest and grabbed it together. They refused to share it with each other and started claiming the fruit for themselves.

When they reached Mount Kailash and presented this predicament to Shiva and Parvati, Shiva made a proposition. He recognized the fruit and said that this fruit is known to grant immortality and extensive knowledge when eaten by the rightful bearer of it. To choose who gets it, Shiva proposed a challenge. He asked Ganesha and Karthikeya to circumvent their world 3 times. Whoever would do so first and return to Mount Kailash, would be the rightful owner of the fruit.