#9 Maybe in another life

Hey lovely people, wassup?
-
Lucy and Natsu were from different mafias but had feelings for each other. They acted upon them, making sure to not make it obvious in the eyes of their people. But when someone caught them, Lucy was forced to make a choice, knowing it was the hardest choice she had to make.

-
Worst summary out of all my summaries lmaooo. But enjoy :)
-

Lucy carefully looked around, not surprised at all when she found no one in sight. It was almost midnight and she was in one of the calmest streets. It was just a hiding place though as she looked at the huge house in front of her.

She went inside through the back door, the handed key from a week ago coming in handy.

She was met with complete silence, not surprising because she knew he had stuff to do today. She saw the red dot lights coming in several direction.

Cameras, so many of them, all in places an untrained eye would miss. Lucy ignored all of them and headed straight to the bedroom.

She wore black pants with pockets and a dark grey, long-sleeved shirt.

She soon heard the front door opening, indicating Natsu arrived home. She placed herself on the bed.

But he wasn't alone. She heard two voices downstairs, both laughing at something.

She waited patiently until he would go to the bedroom, knowing that was one of the first things he does when he comes hone.

"We should have another night soon, man. Oh—" someone said, the friend or colleague.

Natsu's eyebrows raised up in sheer surprise.

Lucy's on the other hand put on a dazzling smile. They both wore black suits, meaning the other one was someone of that mafia too.

"Who are you?" the stranger with almost complete black, spiked hair asked. She knew who he was once more light shone on him. Gray Fullbuster, his best friend.

"I'm—"

"What are you doing here?" Natsu interrupted, his voice becoming louder. His eyebrows were narrowed now, a dark looming black hole in his eyes.

"I thought we were..." Lucy trailed off, momentarily taken aback. She asked if she could come by this week and he answered yes, not even asking when.

"You've got a woman waiting for you, Natsu. Why did I never hear of this?"

"Because we weren't exclusive," he answered monotonously, turning his head to face him. "Yes, we should definitely go out sometime."

Lucy felt a struck of pain hitting her chest. They never established their relationship, but they were much more to each other than just flings.

"You know where the door is." It wasn't meant for Lucy, it was meant for Gray.

Him seeming to read the room smirked. "Have fun, dude."

He left without interrogating her.

There was a moment of silence, just them staring at each other. The void look in his eyes left the moment Gray disappeared.

Lucy immediately left the bed and embraced him tightly. He almost thought she was saying goodbye.

"I missed you," she whispered, holding him close. He returned it without a second thought, breathing in her scent.

"I missed you too," he replied easily, a small smile on his face. He felt her clothes, his fingers going over her outfit. His shoulder tensed up slightly. "Why do you have so much weapons on you?" He stepped back, as if he didn't trust her and widened the distance.