#12 You left

I have like twenty drafts of one shots but I can't seem to finish them😭😭

-
Nastu returning after one year after he went on the training trip after the Tartaros arc. Little twist, Lucy not being as accepting as she was in the manga/anime at first. Aka, more hurt/comfort because I eat that shit up. Enjoy :)

~

Lucy

I watched the Grand Magic Games with disinterest as I already knew who would win. I sighed, this year had been utterly disappointing with Sabertooth, Blue Pegasus and Mermaid Heel not joining.

I looked at the hand where my guildmark was placed, another course of sadness going through me.

Suddenly the arena became extremely heated. Someone in a cape walked to the battle field. "Who the hell are you?" one of the contenders asked.

"The challenger!" the mysterious man said and lit his hand on fire.

My heart did a little jump. I knew that voice. I recognize that voice. The presentators screamed loudly.

"It's him! It's really him! Natsu Dragneel!"

He took off the cape over his head and grinned. That lovely grin when he got excited to battle. "Come at me," he exclaimed, defeating the mages left and right.

I heard the soft sound of wings flapping. "It's good to see you, Lushee," Happy behind me said. My eyes softened. "Hey," I whispered, my eyes watering.

After all the participants were defeated Natsu looked my way. He smiled widely. "Hey! Long time no see, Lucy."

I couldn't hold back my tears, gripping the railing tightly. He and everyone left. They can't just come back without so much as a deserved apology. I ran away, not wanting to face him now.

Of course I should have known I couldn't escape him. He caught up with me in no time, gripping my arms tightly. "What's wrong?" he asked, still in his carefree tone. "You know we've seen worse of you. No need to run 'cause you're crying."

I yanked my arms free and pushed him. "You left. You and everyone fucking left. You don't get to walk back into my life so easily," I exclaimed, fully crying now.

His smile slowly died, and he looked at a clueless Happy. We got weird stares from everyone. Without as much as a protest Natsu embraced me and jumped towards a more secluded area.

He patted my back. "Cry it out," he said, his voice soft, understanding. "Where's everyone of Fairy Tail? Why weren't they participating?"

I gripped his shirt tightly, tugging harshly at it. Then I began to stomp my fists on his chest. "Fairy Tail disbanded. Everyone left. You left."

Happy and Natsu let out a startled gasp.

"Fairy Tail... disbanded?" Happy asked in shock. His voice broke my already shattered heart. He grew up in Fairy Tail. Natsu and him don't know better. Gosh, everyone grew up in Fairy Tail and yet they had no trouble abandoning it.

"No way did Makarov disband the guild. Why did nobody step up? Laxus could have been guild master, or Erza, or—anyone. How could they just disband it? Why did nobody fight for it?"

I pushed him. All my fight left my body. I cried. "You have no right to say anything. You were the first one to leave."

Natsu tensed up, his eyes going regretfully towards my pathetic state.

"I needed you. You were my best friends and had no trouble leaving me behind."

Happy teared up. "We thought we were leaving you behind with the guild."