#11.5 Let's be exclusive

Hey guysss. So maybe I went a little overboard with this chapter because it's long af😅

@ / sunflowerandsunshime, for you :)

Excuse the spelling mistakes!

Enjoy...??? Hahaha

-
Natsu and Lucy going on a date :)
-

LUCY

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god," I exclaimed loudly, rummaging through my wardrobe to find a good outfit. I'm so late already.

Shit I need to hurry up.

"Just grab some leggings and a hoodie and roll with it," my roommate, Mira, said. Unlikely of her to say that, seeing as she's literally a fashion student.

After I put on a decent outfit, not taking her advice, I strolled out of my room. I hurriedly ran to the main building, slapping myself for my stupidity of not setting up an alarm.

Two weeks have already passed since that party and my life has become uneventful again. The only nice addition would be my daily chats with Natsu.

He still hasn't planned a date for real, and I don't want to get my hopes up, but he asked me out, right? It would be a low blow to not go through with it.

Maybe I am a dry texter? Nah, can't be. If anything, he's the boomer. So many spelling mistakes in his messages as if he can't type right. Like a boomer.

We also saw each other on campus sometimes and waved at each other with a twinkle in our eyes. We didn't really talk, because we were both with other people then.

I entered the classroom quietly, meeting the stern and disappointed glance of my professor. I quickly slipped out an apology before taking my seat.

"Why are you so late?" my seatmate Sam asked. At least one of us looks put together.

"Overslept," I replied silently before focusing on the topic at hand.

I furiously scribbled down notes as our prof made it a challenge to talk as fast as possible.

After an hour and a half we were dismissed. I packed up my stuff before I heard the prof call out to me. "Lucy, a word."

"Oof, good luck with that," Sam teased, throwing me a smile.

I like him. Not like like, but I wouldn't mind hanging out with him. I stuck out my tongue. "Just leave."

Our professor was a woman, who looked like a child to be honest. She had long, wavy blond hair and wore a dress most of the times. But she's so smart. Like ridiculously smart.

"Yes?" I stood before her desk, while she was ordening her papers.

"Why were you late?" she asked without looking up.

"I overslept. I'm sorry. It won't happen again," I said quickly with a light bow.

"You better. I don't like tardiness," she said simply.

I stood there awkwardly, not sure if I was dismissed or not. There was a knock on the door. "Ey, miss Vermillion, I've got your papers."

My eyes went wide for a second. That voice.

And sure enough, Natsu walked in, his smile widening when he saw me.

Mavis finally looked up, breathing out in relief. "Thank god, Natsu. You're such a life saver."

I tilted my head slightly. This seems a little more than a student/teacher relationship with the way they're so comfortable with each other.

He handed some papers to her. "My pleasure." He eventually stood next to me, still looking at her. "Why is she here?"