Prologue -- A Gathering of Like-Minded Villains

The sliding door opened almost noiselessly and allowed a funnel of dim light to enter the room. Silhouetted in the doorframe was a figure dressed in a black cloak that almost entirely covered its form with a hood covering the head. All that could else have been seen of this person was a hint of armored boots and gauntlets protruding from the cloak's folds. The figure was tall but not particularly broad and as it stepped through the door, it paused to look from side to side at he people who were already in the room. It's face would have been visible except for a white and black mask that covered most of the face except for the mouth, two fang-like points curving down from the mask's overall curve to frame the mouth. The mask itself had a broken infinity symbol that served, presumably as opaque eyepieces although two points of red light glared out from it.

"You're late," called out one of the other figures in the room. Unlike Black Cloak, there was no mistaking this person as anything other than a woman, what with the skintight bodysuit she was wearing. There was still some dim light in this oblong room, filtering in from grimy windows and it was enough to make out both the white-haired woman and her companions. One was a very tall man with blue skin, pointed ears and white hair, wearing an armored vest and long, black kilt over his own skintight bodysuit. His arms were folded and his red eyes glared at Black Cloak. Off in a corner, across from the blue man, was a spiky-haired, dark-skinned Saiyan man, dressed in dark armor who lazily smirked at Black Cloak as he tossed a strange fruit between his hands. Standing near to the blue man was a white and purple Iceling, who regarded Black Cloak with seeming indifference.

"Well? What happened?" demanded the woman, her back turned to Black Cloak. She was working on something at the desk she was standing in front of but Black Cloak couldn't see what it was with her in front of it.

"Both tasks were successfully accomplished," Black Cloak replied. The voice, while soft and low, was distinct and definitely suggestive of a male.

"Do you have proof?" asked the woman.

The black-cloaked man strode forward and held forth a disc-shaped object in a gauntleted hand. He pressed a button on the side and a hologram began to flicker into life above the disc, showing a tall, spiky-haired man floating above the curve of a planet.

"FRIEZA! FRIEZA! Come out and fight, coward!"

The hologram pulled back to reveal the saiyan man, Bardock, surrounded by Frieza Force soldiers and that he was floating in front of Frieza's flagship.

As the bloodied Saiyan, and the remaining Frieza Force soldiers, looked on, the upper hatch of Frieza's ship opened and the tyrant appeared, floating up in his hoverchair.

"It's over Frieza! I'm here to deliver a message on behalf of the entire Saiyan race! We quit! We're done being your lackeys!"

Frieza did not respond to this other than to frown and raise a single finger.

"Nothing to say? Then how about I put it more like this!" Bardock conjured up a ball of ki in his hand and began pumping as much of his power into it as he could.

"TAKE THIS!!" Bardock bellowed and with a last surge of brilliant ki, he hurled his energy ball at Frieza. The Iceling waited until the ball was at just the right distance... and began to laugh. As he laughed, the ball of ki on his finger grew and as it grew, he raised it high over his head. The ball of pure energy swelled larger and larger and merely swallowed and consumed Bardock's own attempt at the attack. Frieza continued that mad cackling even as the ball became two or three times the size of his own spaceship. And then, with a flick of the finger, he launched the attack against planet Vegeta and Bardock, who just so happened to be in the way.

Bardock watched with horror as the yellow-orange energy sphere surged towards him. His last stand had all been for nothing. The attack struck him and he was consumed within it, the roiling energy tearing away what remained of his armor and then began tearing at his flesh. But unlike what many thought they saw that day, the hologram revealed Bardock being consumed instead by a flash of dark energy within Frieza's Death Ball. The hologram blurred out and then shut off.

"As you can see, I retrieved the target at the precise moment you indicated and there was no response. He is believed to be dead and since he never shows up after that, history doesn't argue with that assumption. As for Item #2 on the agenda, I was able to infiltrate without too much difficulty." Black Cloak's lips twisted into a sneer. "Conton City is not as secure as the Time Patrol would like to believe it is. Though I'd wager that this is partly because they believe the barrier around the Time Nest will keep out any really tenacious intruders."

"Excellent," replied the woman, putting down some strange tool she was working with, picking up the object she had been working on and turning to face her companions. Said object, which appeared to be some kind of egg, began to glow, bright enough to illuminate everything in the room in sharp relief. The Iceling and the Saiyan both regarded the egg with varying degrees of glee whilst the tall blue man gazed cooly at the beautiful woman holding it.

The woman, Towa, sister of Dabura and number one enemy of the Time Patrol, smiled. A smile like that should have made her look even lovelier than she already was. Instead it was a sharp and cruel thing. The others in the room, Turles, Cooler, Mira and the man in the black cloak looked on as Towa smiled that cruel smirk at the glowing egg.

"We'll set the rest of the plan in motion. And very soon, my friends, we'll each have everything our dark hearts desire."