Bonus: What You Muscle-heads Missed Out On

A column of light, faint outlines of gears and clock arms coruscating through it, flashed into existence in Beerus's dining hall. When the light faded, a young woman with spiky, dark Cyan hair stood in its place, dressed in an ornate, black, red and white martial arts gi (the Ultimate Turtle School gi specifically). She grinned when she saw the occupants of the room seated at the long dining table; Goku, Vegeta, Broly, Beerus, Whis, Cheelai and Lemo, all chowing down on a sumptuous feast to greater or lesser degrees. Of this group it was only Whis who bothered to note this new arrival.

"Oh hello there, Miss Roma, I wasn't aware there were any temporal anomalies here?"

"No anomalies, I'm basically just a glorified courier today, delivering a message to those two," she said, gesturing lazily towards Goku and Vegeta. Goku waved briefly and said something that sounded like 'hi!' but was muffled by the leg of meat in his mouth. Vegeta just grunted around a bowl of ramen. Interestingly, Broly was the one who stopped eating and stared back at Roma; she realized that this was probably the first time that he'd ever seen a Saiyan female in his life, though she was only half-Saiyan, like Gohan, Goten and Trunks.

Roma, marched briskly over to the table, opposite the side where Goku and Vegeta were and cleared her throat, "Ahem! Goku, Vegeta, your wives staunchly and vehemently request that you return home ASAP. Chi-Chi in particular doesn't want Gohan's work disrupted whenever world-shaking events occur and the two of you happen to not be around."

"World-shaking?" asked Vegeta, doubtfully, as he prepared to plunge into a stack of meat buns.

"Yeah, you guys really missed all the fun over the past couple of days," she said lazily, "The Red Ribbon Army made another comeback attempt..."

"What?" exclaimed Goku, the word muffled by the noodles stuffed in his mouth.

"They sent a pair of super, mega powerful androids after Piccolo and he managed to get away from them, infiltrate the Ribbon's base, learned they were going to kidnap Pan..."

"What?!" cried out Goku again, actually managing to tear himself completely away from the food this time to stare in shock at Roma.

"When Gohan found out about it, man was he pissed off! Seriously, I haven't seen him that mad since, well, since that time at the Cell Games of course. He cranked it all the way up to his Mystic or Ultimate or whatever-you-want-to-call-it form. He flew out there with Piccolo and they started mixing it up with those androids and Piccolo got this new transformation and..."

"The Namek has a new transformation?!" spluttered Vegeta, also finally tearing himself away from his food.

"And then this giant version of semi-perfect Cell was released and they fought it with help from Goten, Trunks, Android 18, Krillin and these new androids, who of course turned out to not be all that bad and Goten and Trunks tried to Fuse into Gotenks but messed it up because they're out of practice and Piccolo got big for the first time since, what? The 23rd Budokai? And he was getting his butt kicked and that got Gohan pissed again and he transformed into this new form with white hair and FINALLY blew that knock-off Cell away! I think that's pretty much everything that happened..."

Roma glanced across the table, grinning at the reactions to her impromptu audience; Goku was staring at her openmouthed, Whis had that knowing look as if he somehow suspected this was what had happened, Vegeta actually had his full attention locked on to her instead of the food, Lord Beerus seemed both amused and annoyed for some reason and poor Broly just looked befuddled.

"Hey, Whis, how come we're just hearing about this now?" asked Beerus.

"Well, Bulma did try to contact me but I'm afraid that due to... ice cream-related interference, I didn't realize she was trying to get ahold of me," replied Whis, shrugging his shoulders. Beerus was about to say something else when he was cut off by Goku leaping to his feet.

"Go back to that part about Piccolo and Gohan and transformations!" he demanded.

"Oh yeah, Piccolo got all buff and orange..."

"Orange?" snorted Vegeta.

"And Gohan had white hair and red eyes and this blue, purple and red aura... although the length of his hair was a bit much..."

Before Roma could say anything else, Goku flipped over the table, landing next to her with a huge grin on his face, his eyes practically sparkling with anticipation.

"This is great! I knew Gohan had it in him to reach new levels of power! And Piccolo too! We gotta go see 'em right now! Right Vegeta?" he cried, grabbing hold of Roma's arm and putting the first two fingers of his other hand to his forehead.

"Why not? I'm actually somewhat interested to see if your brat has really become all that much more powerful," replied Vegeta, also hopping over the table to join Kakarot and Roma, who was in the process of extracting her arm from Goku's grip.

"Sorry but like I said I'm just the messenger this time. I can't go to the main timeline unless it's observation or a mission, remember?" she said.

"Can... I come too?" asked Broly, hesitantly.

"Hey, why no..." started Goku but was interrupted by Whis.

"I'm afraid it wouldn't be good for you to leave until your training to control your emotions is complete, Broly. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be able to see them soon enough. Why, I wouldn't be surprised if Goku and Vegeta actually brought them back here for a little sparing," Whis said, a mischievous glint in his eye.

"Hmph, not if Videl and Chi-Chi have anything to say about it," grunted Vegeta.

"I think I'll come along as well. These new forms intrigue me too," said Beerus, languidly stretching as he stood up fro his chair, "Might even be a bit more of a challenge than these two."

"Indeed, it should prove quite educational," said Whis, standing up from his chair and picking up his staff. They both joined Goku and Vegeta on the other side of the table.

"Alright, we'll be going then! Be back soon!" said Goku as he prepared to teleport back to Earth.

"Take care of the place while we're away," Whis said, mainly to Cheelai and Lemo. Broly was still learning the finer points of just living somewhere that wasn't a cave.

"Oh! Goku! One last thing: when you get there, ask Pan how her training is going. She's got something to show you," said Roma with a knowing smile.

"Sure thing!" replied Goku as he, Vegeta, Whis and Beerus popped out of existence.

Roma sighed; she kind of hated to sic Goku and company on Piccolo and Gohan like this; she might just have landed those two right smack in the middle of Goku and Vegeta's rivalry, but it WAS official history that Goku and Vegeta found out about the events concerning the Gamma androids and Cell Max soon after it happened. And she had to admit, she had immensely enjoyed being the one to deliver the news; the looks on Goku and Vegeta's faces in particular had been absolutely priceless. Although for Roma and many others, Gohan's new form was going to provide an opportunity far more valuable than some sparring sessions...