•40•

Within the first minutes of this awkward position I was miserable and wishing this would be over but now, after an entire week...I'm okay. Of course it isn't the most comfortable but, I can bare for the sake of assuring my baby remains safe.

The contractions on the other hand is what's making me want him out of me at this very moment, but as I said, whatever assures my baby remains safe.

Derrick has peaked in periodically to check on me and assure that I don't need for anything. He has tried to remain by my side as much as he could as long as he can. He has helped me bathe and get dressed, just anything I needed.

Joy has also been a big help, with her kind words and gestures. She knows of the dispute between my mother and I since Derrick over heard it and spilled it all back to her. She apologized repeatedly while I assured her it wasn't necessary.

Caleb has came to see me, as well as Aria. And of course my father hasn't—not surprised.

And lastly, my mother, who works in the same building, has said little to no words to me this entire week.

She'll come in when needed with the other doctors but that's really it. I honestly could  careless though, I have bigger things to worry about—literally.

She's inconsiderate for even bringing it to my attention during that moment under the circumstances, but hey, I'm not surprised by any of their actions anymore.

My doctor came in and adjusted my bed to normal height then checked a few things within me, "Okay, so likely your cervix was beginning to open up way before you made 30 weeks, and unfortunately the doctor you seen for your weekly check ups didn't check thoroughly because if so—they would've been able to catch you early enough and refer you to the correct place to perform cerclage surgery, which would've been a single stitch across your cervix for it to remain closed until delivery time, but as I stated, unfortunately it wasn't caught soon enough..." she sighed as she looked down at a paper, "With that being said, we'll likely have to further induce your labor because baby boy is not staying in."

A knot grew in the pit of my stomach for the 100th time lately.

"You aren't able to provide the single stitch now?"

She shook her head with a look of pity, "No, you're too far along and your cervix has expanded wider than what would make it feasible. If we were to do it now, there's a small percentage that it will work and a larger percentage that it won't." She said

I nodded, "Do I get to decide or is this just..the only option? I just want him to be okay because I'm only 7 months and—"

"No worries, Calisa, plenty babies are born at 7 months—he'll just be considered premature and have to remain in the NICU for a while, you know, until his body catches up, as far as development. We've checked on the both of you all day and since you've been here and he seems pretty healthy. If we wait any longer he'll continue trying to make his arrival and that'll be unsafe for the both of you if you aren't properly prepared. I'll leave you to process all of this, but I'll be back with my team in 2 hours to induce you." She replied

I again nodded, scared shitless. Though I now have a degree for neonatal care, all of the information seemed to have left now that I'm going through it. I never thought I'd be the one to have a premature baby.

Derrick came in the room approximately 5 minutes later.

He immediately asked, "What's wrong?" Sensing my look of worry

"She has to induce my labor—today." I said with a shake to my voice

"Why? I thought they tried—"