•10•

Derrick catered to me the entire night without a question to ask despite the fact that he has to get up for work at 7. He dozed off at 5 and got up at 7 with no problem. I feel bad—maybe I shouldn't have came here.

"I'm sorry if I interrupted your sleeping schedule." I said as he got dressed

"Calisa, I mean this in the nicest way possible, shut up." He said as he put lotion over his face.

I tried to go to sleep but I kept waking up, having nightmares of Troy popping up and getting freaked out from hypothetical situations I created.

"Since I'm going in early I luckily don't get off until 3. I don't want you to leave this house for nothing—not while I'm gone," he paused and started searching around in his pocket

"Here, take a picture of my card so if you get hungry you can order something." He said

"But what if he comes looking for me, Derrick? I'm sure he'll know I'm here." I said

"He doesn't and he won't. He hasn't came here all of those past times we'd dip off and come here I'm sure he won't this time. You haven't gotten any sleep and I think it's because you fear he'll come here but you're safe so get some rest. Lock my room door when I leave if you feel more comfortable." He said

I nodded. He's right.

He pulled his card out and demanded I take a picture of it despite me declining and then he kissed my forehead and gave me a long hug and then left. I got up to lock the door and then sat back on the bed.

I didn't want him to leave. I felt so comfortable and safe with his presence, I almost can't wait until 3.

I double checked the window was locked and closed the curtains and sat back down onto the bed.

I'm not hungry right now, all i've been drinking is water and this water has been keeping me hydrated.

After so many failed attempts of dozing off, I turned on the TV and turned the channel to BET and watched what was airing at the moment. In no time I indeed dozed off.
••••
I tossed and turned, visions of Troy flashing in my head. I was suffering through another bad dream where he had shown up before I popped my eyes open.

I looked at the time and it was 2:30. At least I was able to sleep for 7 hours, and I'm still sleepy but I guess the rest that I've already gotten will suffice. I took a sip of my water and laid back down. It was as if the moment I laid back the water decided to come back up.

I jumped up and ran to the bathroom down the hall. Water, really? I haven't eaten for the sake of vomiting and nauseousness yet the purest and plainest thing I've consumed doesn't want to digest. I rinsed my mouth and ran some water over my face.

I observed my face as the water dripped down it, Derrick tending to my bruises and scars the proper way really helped. I still have a few scars on my face but nothing Cocoa butter and vitamin e oil won't lighten once they heal. The least progress was along my jawline and lip where it was massively swollen at last night. It has went down but not as much as I would like for it.

I took a deep sigh and finally left the bathroom.

When I came out, Joy was coming out of her room as well. I was about to run to Derrick's room in hope that she didn't see me but it would've defeated the purpose seeing his room is the furthest down the hall.