Chapter 9

無限の列車
                        Iɴғɪɴɪᴛᴇ Tʀᴀɪɴ
                    Mᴜɢᴇɴ ɴᴏ Rssʜᴀ

You Have Your Sword

"Tanjirou was suddenly engulfed with flames in his dream!! As a result..."

<Kᴀᴍᴀᴅᴏ Tᴀɴᴊɪʀᴏᴜ's ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ>

"Big brother!!"

"What do we do about the fire!!"

"Big brother!!"

'It smells like Nezuko! It's Nezuko's blood!!' Tanjirou exclaimed in his head, reminded by the girl's term of attempts to wake him up. A vivid image of his little sister appeared in his head, reaching out her hand. 'Nezuko!!'

Abruptly, the fire burnt his previous appearance and he was found to be wearing his Demon Hunter Corps uniform. He was aware that he was waking up little by little as the flames faded away into smoke and into thin air.

His siblings were shocked and were in disbelief, having no knowledge of the occurence.

"Big brother, are you okay?" Hanako asked in concern.

"Big brother..." Takeo was worried as well.

Tanjirou looked at them and excused himself, "Sorry..... I have to go." He stood up, surpising the rest. "I have to go back now. I'm sorry," he apologized to them and dashed to the veranda and jumped off.

"Big brother!!" The others called out to him as Takeo attempted to follow after him.

'A demon is showing me this dream and he's nearby! I have to find a way to kill him now.....! Now......' Tanjirou planned in his head, running as fast as he could.

"Where are you going, big brother?" The sweet voice of a young kind girl made him stop in his tracks. He was taken aback upon hearing his little sister's voice once again. It sure made him stumble back a bit, growing more and more sad by the second.

"I got a lot of vegetables today," Nezuko — whom Tanjirou was taking care of all this time because she turned into a demon — told him, proud of how she got so far. Then, even their mother and youngest sibling appeared. "Ah, Mom, Rokuta. Tanjirou..."

"What's wrong? Why do you look like that......." Kie questioned her eldest son, trying to stay calm.

Tanjirou stood silent, not uttering a single word, but kept his back at them.

Aah....... I wanna stay here forever. I wanna turn back and head home.

The three people who watched Tanjirou's back were confused, waiting for a response for the mother's inquiry.

If this was real, I would just here like this forever.

Kie and Nezuko grew anxious, still awaiting for his reply, but only remained in silence.