Chapter 12: High Lady, Saving Grace

"There you are," Chaewon called out to her, worried due to the fact that she had been late. "Let's head to the place - Lady Sakura said she'll meet us there."

Yoonie nodded as she greeted her tutor with a void of energy.

"Slept well?" Chaewon noted Yoonie's weary eyes and hunched over back.

"I couldn't sleep at all... Nightmares," Yoonie explained as the two headed towards their next destination - the Sanctuary.

"Don't worry too much about it, Yoonie. We'll figure it all out."

 As soon as they entered the gates surrounding the institution of learning for non-magical individuals, Yoonie realised that this was her first time visiting the other school under the jurisdiction of the Allied Academies. There was a rustic feel that accompanied the mellow brown-hues that painted the architecture behind those gates. And as Yoonie expected, even the plain and common-folk-like outfits of the students and teachers told her that they valued modest living.

I sure hope they live modestly by choice, and not due to the lack of funding.

Some citizens had criticised the Kingdom for favouring the magicians, by providing them with ample funding and technology for magical advancements that aided the Kingdom. Certainly, Yoonie hoped that those claims have been unfounded and simply gossip.

"Is this where the Sealing Specialist resides?" The two magic-users walked up to the building, inadvertently earning the attention of several students of the Sanctuary. This early in the day - they should be making their way to their first classes.

"She's a tutor at the Sanctuary, so she works here." Chaewon pulls open her purple-tinted grimoire, studying a map in the contents of the book closely. It appeared to be a directory of the school. She closes it shut, holstering the spellbook to her right thigh - which Yoonie never noticed until now. That must be where she keeps her wealth of knowledge! If only I could learn what she knows...

It was no surprise to Yoonie that the Sanctuary was a building with a myriad of doors and rooms with various uses. Yet, Chaewon navigated excellently with confidence, leading them up to their destination in no time. Sakura stands by the door with a novel in hand, then noticing the duo coming to meet her.

"Sensei," Yoonie greeted Sakura, whom she had not met ever since her mentor visited her in the Capital's Hospital. While she had learnt of Yoonie's mishap early in the days, there was little she could do about it with many of her own responsibilities as Eunbi's Aide. For one, she was the right-hand woman to Leader Eunbi, and her finest guard to keep any dangers at bay. 

"It's gonna be alright, Yoonie. We won't let you walk this journey alone." She stroked Yoonie's hair affectionately, allowing calm and relief to wash over Yoonie.

"Has her class ended?" Chaewon asks Sakura, wondering why she hasn't entered the room in search of their wanted VIP.

"Nope, the students aren't out yet. Plus, can't you hear all that fighting going on in there?" The three quietened down after Sakura spoke. Sure enough, there were the striking and clamouring of wood on wood as if individuals were fighting inside. Yoonie looked up at the sign against the entrance - it reads "Training Dojo 4".

A few more minutes passed, and the students of the class streamed out with exhausted expressions on their faces - a few panting for air while many had sweat staining their faces and outfits.

Yoonie followed behind her tutor and mentor, seeing the teacher of the sparring class remaining inside the Dojo. She was wearing a brown crop top that hugged tightly around her mid-waist, revealing her abs in full view. Her leggings consisted of stretchable white cotton, suitable for sparring and high mobility activities. Ferocious like a tiger, she jabbed and threw punches at a punching bag, not concerned about the entry of three new visitors.