Chapter 35:...But It Hurts.

"...healers, medics! Take the wounded down to the bunker! Heavy casualties at the rear chamber!" the female Director ordered, seeing the influx of soldiers returning from the battle. Taeyeon herself reached forth to a limping fighter, who was later taken aside by the Water-User, Wendy.

Amidst the mess and disarray, Yoonie tried to search for her mentor.

"Sensei! What happened?"

"There's still half of us at Central Street. They're trying their best to lock the fight down there," she dropped to her knees, clutching her abdomen. "Quickly, before they lose the stronghold." Seunghee, a nurse from the Noble Servant, entered promptly to help Sakura to the lower bunker.

"Yoonie - everyone's waiting," Wonyoung nudged.

"Okay," she turned to regard the rallying force as she announced, "it's safe until Central Street, but don't let your guard down! I want ranged magicians and archers in the centre - protected by layer upon layer of melee fighters around." Never had she expected to issue battle orders as Eunbi usually did, but she was thankful that Wonyoung's ad-hoc warfare strategies lecture had proven useful. Right now, her confidence was key to the morale and bravery of the contingent.

Together, they exited the building of the Queen's Shield warily. Hoping to conserve their energy, Yoonie opted for a steady pace, getting everyone to march forward at a comfortable speed. According to Sakura, it was homeground all the way up till Central Street - a four-way junction most iconic in the Capital. The Arena must be completely destroyed, in that case. I guess the barrier is obsolete now. 

Upon reaching the equator of the battlefield, her knights took initiative and went to the aid of their near-exhausted comrades on the frontline. Some healers followed them, rushing to render simple first aid to the stationed soldiers. Yoonie struggled to navigate among the mess, searching for higher ground to assess the situation.

"Yoonie, High Lady Siyeon is looking for us," just then, a crisp and familiar voice melted Yoonie's ears. It was Kang Daniel - third in command for the Queen's Shield. Last seen conversing to Eunbi, he must have rushed to the scene to oversee the battle.

The leader of the Full Moon? She followed Daniel as they broke into a brisk walk, headed for a makeshift tent set up far behind the equator. Daniel held up the flap of the tent, gesturing for her to enter first.

"Yoonie? Just in time. We're waiting on you to commence the attack against the leaders of the Nightmare Monarch," Siyeon had a solemn look with a war-weary appearance. It seemed that she had her fair share of the battle.

"High Lady Siyeon - have we identified the location of the Six?" Yoonie asked.

"They're separated on five fronts due to the multiple companies attacking - but not for long. They're gaining an upper hand on us - if they continue, they are likely to converge. So we must strike before they do so."

"How can I help in your battle plan then?"

"Unfortunately, we have no plan yet - most of the existing forces have been exhausted. I need your help - I heard you've been studying hard and finding ways to counter the enemy. I want you to come up with one instead. You will have the aid of Daniel here, and myself."

Her heart dropped. For someone who had no experience in war, how could she make such a difficult decision?

"Wait - is that all the help we can get?"

"Most of the support came from you guys - so see it fit whoever you choose to face against the Six," Siyeon said. Yoonie acknowledged, then searched for the voice within. To the others, it simply looked like she was ruminating over what strategy to take.