Chapter 5

Hajime's POV:

Work has been awkward. It's been a month already Nagito wouldn't look at me if it wasn't necessary. She ignored me the entire time. She wouldn't even answer my texts. The only words between us were about work or our lines to each other. I guess the director knew something was off. Because he called the rest of the day off.
I guess this is for the best. It wouldn't have worked out.. but I hate it. I wish I could be with her. My phone went off during one our meeting. I looked down. It's yukis teacher?
"I'm so sorry I got to take this!" I said as I left the room.
"Hello?" I answered.
"Ma'am we need you here as soon as you can! We aren't sure what happened but Yuki some how fell off the play set, it might of been a bit who was teasing her bit her arm is most definitely broken! Should I have yuki meet you at the hospital or do you want to pick her up?!" The lady tried to sound calm but she seemed frantic.
My eyes widened.
"M-meet me at the hospital! Which one?! Got it!" I hung up and ran into the meeting room almost in tears.
"M-Makoto we gotta go! It's Y-Yuki! T-the hospital!!" Is all I could get out through my labored breathing and almost crying.
"Oh my god what happened?! I'm so sorry we need to go!" Makoto said as she got up and grabbed our stuff. Nagito looked worried but it was the last thing I was thinking of.
———
"Yuki!" I ran to her in the room.
She was crying and her arm looked bad. How did this happen?! How could something this bad happen?!
After the doctors calmed me down and an emergency surgery was needed. I ended up waiting in her room for a while until the surgery was over. They said it went well and it was just the concrete that moved the bone out. Her arm was wrapped up tight and she was put to sleep with pain meds. Makoto had to go home. It was late and I was waiting. I feel sick. Yuki please be okay. I don't know how long it had been. I just stayed staring out the window trying to breath. Fuck I haven't even eaten today. I guess Yuki isn't hungry.. I wish I was at home feeding her.. tucking her into bed...
"Hello Ma'am you have a visitor." A nurse knocked on the door.
"Let them in.." I said.
Makoto probably came back to check on me.
"Makoto I.." I looked over and I cut myself off as I realized who it was.
She walked over to me and hugged me tightly.
"N-Nag- Komaeda?" I said shocked.
"I'm sorry.." she said as she held me.
I hugged her back tightly. Why is she here? Why'd she come? I guess she came as soon as she got off work.
She let go and back up and looked over "What happened?" She asked.
"Some kid pushed her off the play ground and she landed on the concrete. I don't know too much myself. She hasn't told anyone yet. The surgery went well. They said she'll probably be released tomorrow..." I sighed.
"How are you doing?" She asked.
"Like you care..." I turned around slightly upset.
"I'm sorry Hinata.. I really am... I just. You hurt me. I didn't know how to face you because I do care about you. And that's why I couldn't talk to you because your didn't feel the same way and I felt lead on by you.." She said.
"I didn't lead you on?!" I said shocked.
"Oh?" Nagito looked at me funny.
"I did like you... I just.. with work and yuki... I don't think it would work out..." I replied.
"A-are you serious?! That's why you turned me down?!" She almost raised her voice.
"Y-yes?.." I flinched a little.
"H-Hajime! We could have worked it out! It really wouldn't have been hard..." Nagito looked at me with eyes of almost begging.
"Nagito... please let not do this right now..." I begged.
"Y-your right.. but I won't drop this. Have you eaten today?" She asked.
I shook my head no.
"Alright you stay here with Yuki I'll get food. Is there anything you want specifically!" She asked.
"Not really... I'm fine with anything!" I smiled.
—————
Nagito ate with me and it was pretty late in the night so she went home and I slept over with Yuki of course. Pretty soon morning came the doctor checked on her and she was good to go home.
"Yuki what happened?" I asked as I got her settled into bed.
"Did a boy push you?" I asked. Noooo no
"N-no..." she looked away.
But she had her thumbs hidden in her hands. She's lying. Why would she lie?
"Yuki.. tell me what happened. I won't be mad." I asked.
"It was Satoshi..." she answered.
"Why didn't you want to tell me?" I asked.
"I-it's because he'll be more upset at me... I just wanna be his friend..." she looked down upset.
"Oh Yuki... I understand but he does deserve you an apology okay? So when you see him tomorrow you gotta show him what he did and make sure you get an apology! He hurt you! And that's a serious matter okay?" I said.
I may be giving her advice but I think I might need to do that myself. Maybe she'll come over if I text her and invite her for dinner?
No no. Right now is time for yuki. She goes back to school tomorrow and tomorrow I have a day off.. maybe she does too?
—————
"T-Thank you for coming.." i opened the door for her.
"I don't wanna waste either of our time hajime. I want to hear it straight from you. Without you getting stopped by any excuse." She said as she was quickly to get me up against the wall.
"Do you love me?" She asked as she looked directly into my eyes.
Her eyes looked hurt and broken... even scared.. Did I do this to her? I hurt her didn't I?
I moved my hand to her face and caressed it.
"I love you. I love you Nagito." I answered straightforward.
Her eyes widened only to slightly shrink as her eyes filled with tears.
"W-wait don't cry!! I'm sorry!" I quickly embraced her.
"You're an idiot.. an absolute idiot..." she cried.
"T-that's a bit harsh!" I said but continued to hug her.
"I don't understand why you thought work and yuki would cause you to not have a relationship. I'm assuming you thought that "Oh we are working on a show together now but not forever!" Right?" Nagito knows me so well already.
I nodded my head yes.
"But think about how many times we've hung out after work.. Even with Yuki! Yuki is apart of you. I love Yuki, she's a bright and wonderful young girl. And I'd love to help you with your duties of raising a child." She smiled at me.
My heart melted at those words. I was so worried thinking if I was in relationship my partner would see Yuki as a burden or in the way.. and I don't want that.. But Nagito does play with her and Yuki loves Nagito. The past month she was been asking when she'd be back over.
"You're right... Thank you Nagito..." I smiled warmly and almost wanted to cry too now.
"I promise to be here and help you. I love you so much.." she confessed.
"A-are you sure this is okay?? Are you sure you want this?.." I asked a little worried.
"I'm positive Hajime."
"Alright... I trust you.." I smiled.
"Then can I do the honors? Hajime Hinata will you be my girlfriend?"
"Of course..." I smiled and my heart filled with joy as I brought her into a kiss.
I've never been happier. So she's mine now.. We can do it. I know we can.. I couldn't have asked for anyone better.
"With that being said... I have a proposal!" She said.
"Oh?" I asked confused.
"Yukis school is actually wayyy closer to my apartment then yours is... You're worried about not seeing me after filming right? So why don't you and yuki move in with me?" She asked.
"M-move in?!" I asked shocked.
"Yep!!" She smiled.
"I- Isn't that a lot? You'll constantly have a kid around your place? A-and what if the tabloids and paparazzi find out?? Wouldn't that be a huge a scandal? And yuki would be in the public eye!" I said worried.
"Like I said before, the paparazzi can't right about me without permission from my agency or they'd get sued and no one wants to risk writing about me. Plus security is tight so I assure you Yuki will be kept safe and out of public eyes!" She smiled.
"T-that's true... I guess it'll be okay then right? Let's do it!" I smiled.
"I'm glad!" Nagito smiled.
—————

Not the lesbians moving in with each other already 🙄😂
I'm inspired to write this story 😎