09

two days later, i was absolutely out of my mind with boredom. i had spent the day after the picnic doing work stuff and then i had to get up at the butt crack of dawn the morning after that for my consultation with the lawyer.

luckily, it went quickly and i was back home by nine.

unfortunately, julian was out of town for a few days and the boys were planning a stream so i had nothing to do.

"nickkkk," i whined, "i'm bored."

"why don't you stream with us?" karl asked.

dream perked up at that. "yeah, thalia. why don't you?"

"i- um," was all i said.

"we could just play minecraft and chill," nick suggested. "you in?"

i considered it for a second before saying, "fine. i've got nothing else to do. but you cannot tell everyone that i live here."

"why is that?" karl asked.

"some of your fans are absolutely nuts and i don't want to be attacked because i'm a female who lives with you two," i said.

"makes sense," karl admitted. "just introduce her as a friend and don't go any deeper than that."

"we can show our nails!" i exclaimed.

"yes!" karl said, holding his hand up for a high five.

i gave him a a high five and it made a loud smacking sound.

"okay we're streaming at eleven," nick said. "you've got until then to do whatever you want."

"i'm off to go get groceries. otherwise we'll all starve," i said. "i'll be back around eleven."

once i got all the groceries and put them up, i changed into a pair of shorts and a random band shirt, then headed to the kitchen to do the stream. nick's computer was already set up there, along with my own. karl was drinking his fourth monster drink and nick was adjusting the camera.

"i'm here," i said. "what do you want me to do?"

"can you go ahead and join the world?" nick asked. "we've already got the stream starting soon playing and i want you to already be there when we actually play."

"okay." i opened up minecraft and clicked on the world nick was on. "ha, you named it l'swagberg like i suggested."

ten minutes later, it was time.

nick started the stream while karl and i waited outside of the camera's angle.

"hey, chat," he said. "i felt like streaming today so i'm going to play minecraft with some of my friends." he waited a second before saying, "one of the friends i'm playing with is someone you guys aren't familiar with. her name is thalia and she's been my best friend since we were kids. be nice to her please."

that was my cue. i moved into the camera's view and sat in my chair beside nick. "hey guys! i'm thalia."

the chat started spamming "hey" and "OMG NEW PERSON", which made me smile.