13

nick's pov

it took forever for us to start streaming because dream couldn't find his headphones anywhere. he said he had left them out on his desk, but they weren't anywhere in his room. karl and i were helping him look until i found them in thalia's room, the left ear chewed off by percy. dream reprimanded percy, who ran off whining, and borrowed thalia's headphones.

after that the wifi completely cut off and we had to reset it. it took half an hour before we could connect our computers again. we had barely started streaming when my phone went off with a text from thalia.

thalia🤠
do you want red or blue doritos

nick
um red
are you grocery shopping?

thalia🤠
yeah i'm making tacos tonight if that's okay with you and dream

nick
sounds good
can you pick up some of
the cookies i like please

thalia🤠
already got three packs in the cart

nick
between the two of us, that'll only last tonight

thalia🤠
i'll grab a few more but most of them have sprinkles and i hate having to pick them off😩

nick
i'll eat the ones with sprinkles and you can have the plain ones

thalia🤠
this is why you're my best friend🍄

nick
why did you use a mushroom

thalia🤠
it was fitting
the symbol of our friendship is now a mushroom

"sapnap!" george yelled over karl's phone, causing me to jump and drop my own phone.

"what was that for?" i asked, bending down in my chair to grab my phone.

"you haven't been paying any attention to us for the past two minutes," george whined.

"clingy much?" karl teased.

"go be clingy to your boyfriend,"
i said. "sapnotfound doesn't exist."

"it's karlnap loser," karl said as he put his arm around me. "i get sapnap and you get your green blob."

"fine, i'll go talk to dream. at least he cares about me," george huffed before ending the call.

"gogy's moody today," tommy said over the discord call.

"when did the child join the call?" i asked.

"i'm seventeen years old," tommy said angrily. "i'm not a child!"

"you are," karl and i said in sync.

i put my phone back in my pocket and karl started setting up the game. we decided to keep building in thalia's world because she made some good plans for the houses. we finished eight town houses and the main pathway before we started on city hall.

"so what are we in this town?" karl asked.

"what do you mean?" i asked, only half paying attention.