Chapter 9:Don't smile

I haven't written in here for such a long time...wow. Anyways, I'm back :) Serious case of writers block. Sorry if this chapter is crap, but my friend is forcing to put a new chapter up, or else... Serious consequences.

So here is chapter 9

CHAPTER 9: Don't Smile

"You know what a terrible planner I am! The only thing I can think of doing is baking chocolate chip cookies! And how the hell is that supposed to help her? I need help!" I state exasperately, putting my hand on top of my eyes, trying to block the sun out. I'm currently sitting in my wheelchair outside Tim Hortons with an Ice Capped Supreme, talking to Hailey. It's a terribly hot day outside. The type of day where you wouldn't even dare to step a foot outside. Yet here I am, sitting outside with my cousin Hailey. 

Ever since last night my mom has decided that I need to start 'enjoying' the outdoors and get my head filled with fresh air. Apparently, the outdoors will make my mind clear and stop me from going crazy and thinking that my own brother is a murderer. 

All that it's done to me so far is make me go even crazier and sweat like a dog. It's not even close to helping. 

"So, all you've told me is you want to do something really special for Juliette. I don't really know what I'm supposed to do. Want me to throw a party?"

"Yes. A party for an unsonscious person. That sounds absolutely brilliant!" I say, my tone laced with sarcasm. Hailey gives me a tired look. I return it. It was a stupid idea! Who throws a party for someone unconscious? That's right. No one. 

"I don't know...I'm just throwing stuff out. You're the one who wanted to do this. You come up with the ideas, I'll help you plan it," Hailey says, taking another sip from her drink.

I huff. Doesn't she know who she's talking to? She knows that when it comes to coming up with ideas, I ' dead terrible at it. "The problem is I can't come up with any!" 

"I gave you an idea and you turned it down imediately. With sarcasm."

I roll my eyes at her. "I did that because it was a terrible idea! A two year old would know that! Anyways,–" 

"No, a two year old would love the idea of a party!" Hailey protests. She's now just throwing out bullshit, trying at anything to save her pride. What a loser.

I give her a bland look. "Humour me you peasant." 

Hailey sticks her tongue out at me, while giving me a glare. She pretends to be mad but,  the twinkle in her eyes proves that  she isn't. "Is little Hawey mad?" I coo in a soft voice I use on little kids.

Her face stays neutral. She's getting better at this. I rememeber when she used to smile right when someone said something to her. I try again.

"Don't smile Hailey, don't smile." The corners of her mouth twitch upward but, she gains control and makes her face go back to neutral. She's trying really hard not to smile. I don't give up. I know she's about to break. I continue trying.

"Don't smile little Hailey, don't smile!" Her facade fianlly breaks and her face goes into a wide smile. I start laughing, loving how easy it is to get her to smile. I guess that's what you get for being a positive person.

"I hate you, I hate you," She mumbles, a smile still on her face.

"Love you too darling." I trill. She only rolls her eyes at me.

"Lets go back into Tim Hortons. Screw what your mom said about fresh air. This heat is terrible." 

I nod my head in agreement. This heat is terrible. I'm gladly pushed back into the Tim Hortons, to the comfort of the cool air conditioning. Hailey pushes me to the farthest corner with a table for two. She knows I don't enjoy people staring at me through the window. It makes me uncomfortable and even more insecure than I  already am.

"Okay, back to business. What exactly do you want to do for Juliette?" Hailey asks, sipping her cold drink through the straw.

"Well, I'm not a hundred percent sure but, I would like something really special. Something that people can hear Since apparently people in comas can hear everything that goes around them. That's all that I know," I explain. "Sorry it's not a lot to work with but, I'm a very uncertain person at the moment." 

Hailey nods thought fully. She's quiet, going into her thinking zone. She thinkst, while I stare at her, sipping my drink.

What if we can't come up with anything? I owe Juliette this much. She had saved and helped me through nightmares and troubles. Now, she needs me. The moment she needs me the most, and all I can think of is baking chocolate chip cookies. You can't even eat chocolate chip cookies when you're unconscious!  

Suddenly, Hailey jumps from her seat. A huge smile plastered to her face. "I got it! I have a brilliant idea!"

 That's it! Sorry it's kind of short...at least I got the chapter up! :) 

I do hope you enjoyed! Have a wonderful day!

Vote, comment, fan! :)