Chapter 8:Murderer in the house

I know it's been awhile but here is the next chappie!!! Happy?

Hope you enjoy :)

Chapter 8

Murdere in the House

“Isn’t she beautiful? Isn’t she everything you need? Isn’t she everything you need? Make you laugh, she’ll make you listen. Nothing’s broken, nothing’s...missing,” I sing softly into my pillow.

I'm currently attempting to fall asleep. So far it hasn’t been working so, I have resorted to singing songs that I'm in love with. Hopefully it will help me fall asleep. I'm currently singing Beautiful by Hedley. One of my all time favorite songs. It just makes me want to cry, in a good way.

Today had been a great day. Our two families had stayed in the hospital room chatting and laughing. At six, we all said goodbye to Juliette and went out for supper at Madison’s. I had their legendary ribs. They are absolutely delicious, so delicious that I could marry them. Yeah, yeah I know I'm weird.

Even though everything had gone perfectly today, I couldn’t shake the feeling that, something bad was going to happen. Soon. It was like a little devil sitting on my shoulder, whispering my nightmares. 

‘Just fall asleep already. You’re just being paranoid! Juliette is doing well. Stop being a party pooper and just enjoy the good moments while they last. Have faith in your best friend!’ I scold myself, even though I know it will do nothing for me. The hours pass and I still haven't slept a wink. It's two A.M and I feel like an anxiety filled energy bunny. 

Lying in my bed, I decide that I wouldn't make any progress lying in bed, chanting to myself. So, I slowly get up, slip into my wheelchair and quietly roll out of my room. Once out of my room, I see a light coming from the family room. I know for a fact that I had turned that light off right before going into my room. I was also the last one to go to bed. A haunting feeling creeps into me. What if it's a murderer?

Fear chokes me as I slowly roll towards the door. I’m generally not a brave person but, I feel like I owe it to my family. To save them from this person. They have been so supportive of me, I at least owe them something and tonight I'm going to pay them back. 

I see something on the desk and I grab it. It's a candlestick. How is a freaking candlestick going to help me? Oh well, at least I will have the advantage of surprise. Plus, I have a really loud scream. That should come in handy, especially since I can’t get anywhere fast in these pair of wheels.

Getting to the door of the living room, my heart beat has doubled in the last two seconds. This is it! I'm about to save my family. I quickly slam open the door. Squeezing my eyes shut, I throw the candlestick blindly. I hear a thud as it hits something. Hopefully not the wall.

I know I won’t be able to get out of the room. Partly because I'm too scared to move and partly because I'm way too slow. So, I resort to screaming. A shrill, ear piercing scream that will surely wake the neighbors. 

I hear someone swear near to me so, I continue to scream and keep my eyes squeezed shut. I pray that my death will be quick and as painless as possible. I suddenly feel a hand cover my mouth and a mouth go to my ear.

‘Oh god! The end's near!’ I scream inside my head. I feel myself choking with panic. I can't breathe nor feel anything. 

“Abi, Shut the hell up! It’s me," A masculine voice hisses into my ear.

I immediately bite the hand. The hand quickly leaves my hand and I turn around in my seat, with fists swinging madly.  “Ryan. Don’t. You. Ever. Do. That. Again! You scared the crap out of me!”