𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

"Betta getcha girl, 'fo I whoop her ass!"

Damon sighed, dragging his hand down his face. He was extremely exhausted to say the least, it was already 1 in the morning, and the case was going no where.

Right when they 'thought' they had a hit with the residue, Ploit's laptop crashed, along with all the other computers in the police department. They were practically back to square one.

"What happened this time?" The blonde hair male spoke eyeing his friend.

"Mmtch." Jace folded his arms across his chest and turned his head, his brown eyes glaring at a small figure. Damon's eyes followed where Jace was looking and he rose a brow.

"I was in there looking at the evidence right? And I was like 'I'll be back, don't touch my pile' you know I get hungry, So I come back and she locked me out!" Jace threw his arms up in frustration.

Glancing over his right shoulder, Damon was in fact able to see that the door that lead to the conference room, in which the team had been held up, was locked.

In the somewhat large room, Alix sat against the wall with her legs crossed, a pile of paperwork surrounding her. She hadn't stepped a foot out of the room ever since they made it to the station.

It was understandable though, any sane person would be hard at work trying to find the one responsible for coming after their life, at some point she would have to take a break, but she never did.

With a low groan Damon pushed the chair back and stood to his feet, Jace nodded his head vigorously, "yawp, yawp, go handle that best friend."

With each long stride, the tall male contemplated in his mind, what he would say when he made it to his destination. It was a known fact that Alix was not an easy person to persuade.

She was hard headed and as stubborn as a mule, but, that's what Damon loved the most about her.

Finally, the tall male knocked on the door, but got no answer, he knocked again, but was only warranted a slight glance, before she started sifting through the pile of papers again.

"Alix." A muffled voice carried through the doors of the room as Alix continued to ignore the more larger figure in front of her.

A knock sounded again and she sighed. She took her eyes off of the mess in front of her and threw her hands in the air, an aggravated groan leaving her mouth.

"What?"

"Open the door."

She scrunched her nose. "No."

Damon's expression deadpanned. "Can you please open the door?"

Alix squinted her eyes un phased. Again, the male sighed and not too long after, the sound of his foot steps could be heard getting further and further away from the door.

The petite woman, watched on, unable to remove her eyes as Damon's tall figure walked away and out of sight. She had to admit, the man was beautiful, the face of Adonis, the golden locks, the low fade, emerald eyes, bronze skin, and the body of a god.

"Jesus Christ."

Not even 5 minutes later, Alix was so emerged into what she was doing, that she didn't realize the shadow looming over her hunched figure.

"I- who turned off the lights?" She pulled her head back and instantly her eyes locked with Damon's. He stood over her with a straight face and his brows pulled back.

"You've been in here for over 4 hours, you need to take a break."

"No I don't. Who said that?"

"I did, let's go eat-"