𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Silence.

That's all it was, that's all it could be. While they waited, everyone got back to work, wether it was talking to other officers, going down to the morgue, or up to the lab to go over any evidence collected before and after their arrival.

"Why the fuck is all the evidence backed up? What kinda shit show are you people running here?!"

The frustrated voice of Mike could be heard throughout the entire precinct as he was seen digging a new one into a rookie who looked as if he was ready to piss his pants.

"The hell you mean you lost the fuckin' evidence man?" Jace's thunderous voice shattered through the walls of the building and everything was quiet.

"What evidence is backed up and what the fuck did they lose?"

"Yea get em Dman!"

Damon's sculpted body stood, arms crossed and eyes still, boring into the face of the so called detective. The man stood with a smug look on his face, wrinkles prominent as he glared at Damon and Jace with a smirk on his ageing lips.

"just as I said, pig, the evidence is gone-"

"Pig?- you damn hypocrite!"

"nah your rookie over there said you 'lost' it so where tf exactly did you 'lose' it at?"

What kind of place was this? How the hell do you lose evidence, Alix stood off to the side her face contorted in utter disbelief. This had to be the most unprofessional and fishiest precinct she has ever stepped in. They've been here for almost three days and barely got anywhere with anything, every time they took one step forward, out of nowhere they get pulled back ten.

She hated it, they all did, and on top of all of that she still didn't know what the hell that was she saw earlier in the room with Damon, it was like a fever dream, but so... realistic. All in all she needed to keep her guard up until she has properly distinguished friend from foe.

Feeling overwhelmed, Alix grabs her cup of freshly brewed coffee and heads towards the precincts lab.

"ain't no old hoe, bout to poison me."

Up the steel spiraled stairs held a lab, it was just as she imagined a lab to look. Plain red brick walls with many computers on a steel counter top. A short woman with black hair stood in front of a computer screen muttering to herself, all the while her overly large white coat swept the floor.

A smirk formed on Alix's lips as she watched the woman take a step to her right, not noticing how her coat moved over too, right where her foot would land. And just as she had hoped, the lady went tumbling down, papers from the steel top flying all over the room.

"AH."

The brown girl stood in the door for a second, her hand stuck deep in the pocket of her sweats, drinking from her cup of coffee and laughing a little as the lady laid on the floor, arms sprawled about, legs bent in opposite directions.

Throwing the empty cup into the trash, Alix moves towards a sheet of paper on the floor and starts collecting the surrounding sheets all over the floor of the lab. The woman lifts her head and stares in awe at the gorgeous woman before her.

'She looks sick.' The woman thought, a frown forming on her thin lips as she notices how prominent Alix's cheek bones are and the fact that her collar bone was peeking at her through her navy blue pullover.

"You gon' lay there, or are you going to grab these papers?"

"Oh." She jumped, startled at the realization she had been caught staring at the strange woman before her. "Sorry, I zoned out, I'm Cordelia, this is my lab. You are?"