𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

The ticking hands of the clock on the wall seemed to turn in slow motion. It was 10 in the morning and the moving bodies throughout the building were functioning like energized rabbits.

Behind the closed doors of Ballard's office were a group of 7 people, the smallest of the bunch sat back in the office chair spinning around in circles, while the others watched with curious eyes.

The older man was perched on his desks top, his legs crossed as he analyzed the younger girl with a sad smile on his aging face.

Jace was the first to speak from his spot by the window his dark eyes still on Alix, "So.."

The injured girl stopped spinning the chair and faced the group of people, who she had come to know as: Charity, the bubbly brunette technical analyst, Jace, the stupid con artist, Tatiana, the fiery redheaded soldier, Mike, the steely blue eyed assassin, and Damon, the FBI's golden boy.

Alix blinked several times before she found herself in fit of laughter, her child like giggles rang in Damon's ear like a poisonous melody.

Everyone in the room watched, but said nothing.

She was in shock.

After Ballard explained everything that happened in the last 10 and half years, minus Damon, she began to spin in the chair and stayed that way for over 8 minutes.

Gathering herself, Alix wiped her tears and sat back in the chair. "So you mean to tell me.. everyone I've ever known was murdered, I was framed for said murders, I somehow lost all my memories of anytime after I was 16, the entirety of the US government was looking for me, and I'm 26 years old?"

Mike scratched the back of his head, "well when you put it like that- yes to all of those."

Alix blinked and released a heavy sigh, slumping down further in the cushioned seat.

"I know it's a lot to take in-"

"Wow really? I haven't noticed." She stood up and scratched at the wild coils adorning her head. Pacing back and forth she had a million thoughts running through her head.

Only one person was bold enough to set something like that up.

She wasn't safe.

People were after her.

Where was she going to go?

Who was she going to go to?

She had no one left to turn to.

Alix turned towards Ballard with an unreadable expression, "did they suffer?"

He couldn't answer. He didn't want to feed her lies, he didn't want to tell her what she wanted to hear, it wouldn't do her any good in the end.

"I'm sorry kid."

Alix nods swallowing the lump that formed in her throat. She slowly drags her eyes away from the older man and towards the other bodies in the room.

Damon watches from afar and noticed, that somewhere between the time they entered the room to now, something in Alix shifted, her eyes were distant and cold.

A chill ran down Tatiana's spine when she saw the way the younger girl's demeanor changed, her eyes began to ignite with a fire she knew all to well.

The deathly silence had everyone on edge, waiting for the next words that would more than likely determine what course of action they would take.