Chapter Two: Dinner

Warning: Descriptions of Ab*se
(Yes I censored that word it's just in case it genuinely upsets someone)

"Kiyoko, conjure an image in your mind of what you should look like without the extra eyes. Once you have it, it should manifest on your face." Muzan said as he instructed his 'daughter', she had an extra pair of eyes that needed to be hidden after all. Kiyoko concentrated, trying to recall how she looked before she gained her new appearance.

'I don't think I looked in the mirror before I saw them. Have I always had four eyes? No, I don't think so..' as she thought those words, the image of a woman appeared in her mind, her face was thin like the rest of her body, and she was pale, a faint red birthmark on her forehead, with purple eyes and black hair. She recognized that face, it was her own, but it was pale, and she looked sickly. She imagined herself healthier, with a rounder face that had a soft healthy glow to it, without the light red birthmark that covered her forehead, she liked it much better, she wanted to be how she looked. Better. Healthier.

"Yes, that's perfect, Kiyoko." She heard her father say. "You picked up the ability to disguise yourself very quickly. Excellent job." She opened her eyes and smiled at him.

"Thank you, father." Kiyoko inwardly cheered at his words of praise. There was something in the back of her mind that told her to strive for this man's favor, to please him in order to be the perfect daughter, so at that moment she decided she would become perfect for him. "I hope I will be able to become stronger than I ever was."

"I'm sure you will, Kiyoko." Muzan gave her an appreciative look, though inwardly he was celebrating the success of the fabricated story. "Before we go, let me introduce you to one more demon. Nakime!" At his words, the sound of a biwa string resonated through the area, and Kiyoko found herself in a different room. A woman with long black hair sat in the middle of it, Biwa and bachi in hand. Her face was covered by her fringe, save for the bottom half of it and was wearing a black yukata.

"Kiyoko, this is Nakime. She is the one who controls this fortress we live in. This place cannot be accessed by any outside door unless it was created by Nakime. Whenever you're out and need to come home, just say so. She will hear you." Muzan explained.

"Ah, okay! Thank you for letting me stay here, Miss. Nakime." Kiyoko bowed to the demoness.

"Of course, Lady Kibutsuji." Nakime responded in a monotonous tone.

"Well, now that we have that out of the way, Nakime, take us to a village." Muzan ordered, and with a pluck of a biwa string they appeared in an alleyway across from a main road, in a village in the middle of nowhere. "Now then, Kiyoko. It's time to find a place to eat."

"In this village? There doesn't appear to be any open restaurants though.." She said, puzzled. Muzan chuckled at his daughter.

"Demons, remember? We eat humans, pick a house, and we'll kill whoever's inside and eat them." He told her. Kiyoko thought for a moment.

'Well, I can't just kill anyone, can I?'

"Can we walk around a bit more first?" She asked her father. "It doesn't feel right to pick just anyone." He looked a bit skeptical as he nodded, but he agreed nonetheless.

'Perhaps she's too humane..' He thought with frustration as they walked throughout the village. Soon, they came to a house, windows lit by candlelight. There was a commotion inside.

"Move, Haru! I have to teach that brat a lesson!" A man's booming voice was heard clearly from inside the small house. "I can't have a son that's so noisy!" Kiyoko looked in the window at the loud, drunken man, anger clear in her eyes.