Chapter Eight: Ubuyashiki

Master

  I hope this letter finds you in good health. On my most recent mission a young girl named Chise came up to me and asked me to help her friend, and she brought me to an injured Upper Moon demon. I was planning on slaying her, but when I asked her how she sustained her injuries she said Muzan Kibustuji's name.

  Furthermore, she confessed to the killings of seventy-seven abusers and three demons, and claims she is Kiyoko Kibutsuji, daughter of Muzan Kibutsuji. There is no doubt in my mind that she is the demon you wrote about.

  I look forward to your reply,

                                                         Shinobu Kocho

~~

  "My my, you're healing very slowly."

  Shinobu pointed out as Kiyoko laid on a bed in a separate room of the hospital wing. Her body was fully regenerated but she was exhausted as all her energy was put into fully healing her leg.

  "I am.. But it's honestly a miracle that I regenerated this leg at all." Kiyoko let out a huff. "I don't know why but I have a gut feeling that I'm not supposed to have this limb... But I don't want to risk re-regenerating it in case It comes back as half."

  "Why would you not have your leg though?"

  "I think that my Father's cells reject the cells of other demon flesh, other than the blood of course." Kiyoko speculated. "Perhaps it has to do with him being the original demon?" Shinobu nodded as she processed the information.

  "Well that aside, I just have a few questions for you, Miss Kiyoko, do you mind?"

  "Well I don't have a choice, do I?"

  "Well, no I suppose you don't." Shinobu smiled, "How long have you been a demon? With your power I suspect you have been a demon for centuries, but that wouldn't make sense since you've only started bringing attention to yourself recently. Do you have a rough estimate?"

  "I was told by my 'father' that I am 200 years old, and have been sleeping for 50, but that never felt right, so I believe I became a demon around 2 years ago, when I first woke from my alleged coma."

  "Alright. How did you find the girl, Chise?"

  "I was in the slums near the entertainment district along the Rashomon river bank, the lowest caste. I heard yelling and crying coming from one of the houses so I went to investigate. I did not arrive in time to stop them from killing their son but I was able to avenge him by making them my meal." Kiyoko started, "I then left, but felt myself being drawn back to that house, I found receipts from the times they've sold their daughters, and I have found two of them to tell of their parent's passing. I have yet to find the last girl."

  "How did she come to live with you?"

  "She was placed in Kirimise, as she was ill, and unable to help anyone in their house. I found her, and brought her to an inn surrounded by Wisteria. We were offered a place to stay but I declined."

  "You willingly went into an Inn that's notorious for housing members of the corp?" Shinobu asked with a look of surprise. "That's very dangerous for you, just the sheer amount of it alone in that space could be enough to kill any lower ranked demons. How did you make it so long where no one noticed?"

  "If it was to save her I'd do it a thousand times over. She's just a child, and I wanted her to have a chance to live, and strangely enough, I only felt nauseous from the Wisteria, with no adverse effects"

  "I see. Well if the meeting goes well, I would appreciate your cooperation to run a few tests..."

  "Meeting?"