Chapter 28 - A Wave of Exes Came Looking for Me, What to do??!

Due to Bai YueSheng's experience, he only needed to consider for a few moments before realizing what the situation in front of him was.

A classic "evil consuming evil".

Although he didn't know what the circumstances before were, but judging from those short few words, the leader of the mercenary group thought he had gotten a big bargain. Most likely he had thought himself very clever by tricking Lance this innocent "little white face" to obtain the elemental stones at no cost. However that "little white face" was actually black inside and in the end he was tricked himself, dying in a textbook fashion.

Most likely this whole mercenary group died not even realizing that innocently smiling person was cruel and ruthless, his methods so black that it didn't half resemble an youth still in his late teens.

Actually Bai YueSheng also hadn't known

He had always thought that even though he didn't pay a lot of attention to Lance however he still raised him at the Water Temple, sent him to the Central College, and let him grow up the peaceful Midgard. Under this kind of pure environment no matter how he thought about it, Lance should have grown up "normally".

Why had it become like this?

Bai YueSheng could clearly see that it definitely wasn't Lance's first time to kill someone. His completely calm and dispassionate attitude and his accurate and efficient method, all those clean single blows, all of this pointed to plentiful previous experiences. This kind of experience could only be gained using blood and lives.

The most frightening thing was he was able to hide all that cruelty and ruthlessness under that innocent smile. That smile was as beautiful as an angel's, no one would ever guess what lay underneath it.

After all even Bai YueSheng had been kept in the dark. Even he had thought his adopted son was a cute, innocent child.

Ah Jiu: "....."

Bai YueSheng: "....."

These two brothers were speechless. They both simultaneously experienced the feeling of being hit on the head with a big bat.

What the hell did they do wrong?!

"Raising a child... is not a simple task." Ah Jiu said conservatively.

Bai YueSheng sighed and rubbed his head. "I can't him go on like this."

Although raising Lance was an accident and in the beginning Bai YueSheng had plotted to use him to cause discord between the nine Lord Gods, but in the end he raising was raising and they had been together for many years. He could just abandon the seedling just because he had discovered some defects. That would be too irresponsible.

In any case this world's mission was progressively relatively smoothly, everything was moving in the correct direction. Bai YueSheng had time, so he needed to fix this child's "three views"!

Ah Jiu didn't give any opinions but he understood Bai YueSheng's feelings better than anyone else, possibly even better than himself.

Underneath the surface reasons, there was additional causation that probably Bai YueSheng himself hadn't even noticed.

As he looked upon the smiling killer Lance, it was as though Bai YueSheng saw the himself from before.

That long-ago Bai YueSheng that had now vanished into dust without a trace.

*****************************

Bai YueSheng began to investigate Lance's experiences from the last few years. If he didn't look he didn't know but once he looked he almost broke out of the Water God Xin Lin's exalted character, wanting to swear loudly.