IY...Fchapp14--Lost Friends

Finally!! I got this typed up a while ago but never uploaded it, I know lazybutt but whatev's you gots it now so what are you doing reading my rambling? Read on faithfull reader!!

So just to sort out confusion later. Harrison is Matthew. Matthew=Harrison. All will be explained next chapter(:

You know the drill silly(:

*** 

Cass's POV 

I took a deep breath before taking off in the direction of the scent. My feet barely touched the floor as I moved soundlessly toward my target.  I kept following the scent into town, and came to a complete stop when I realized just where I was. An ally. It brought back all the memories of the first encounter with the true monster. The trail ended here, so I got prepared.

As quietly as possible, I cocked my gun and made sure that my knives were in place before walking cautiously into the alleyway. I used my wolf sight, so that the dimmed light in the main street was enough for me. Raising my gun I stalked toward the figure at the end of the ally. I was just about to reach his head and end this when I felt cold metal bite into my forehead. Shit, why had I been so focused on him and not check my surroundings? 

"Tsk, tsk Cassandra. Remember it was this carelessness that got your friend- what was his name? Lake? Ben? Oh, right Blake- killed." Fury coursed through my body as Blake's name came out, and I snapped to attention. Pushing the gun away from my head a BANG sounded out. Seems as though the hired help has slow reflexes, and bad aim.

I twisted his arm so that I now had his back to me; I grabbed hold of his head and slammed it into the wall effectively knocking him out. I turned back to find Harrison gone from the ally. Coward. Again I followed his scent, but it doubled back into the woods. I ran full speed letting my wolf senses take control. I felt someone grab me from behind and a syringe broke my skin sending me into unconsciousness. 

My last thought was knowing I was going to die, and sorry, so sorry that I was never going to see Ryan ever again. 

Ryan's POV

Damn, that hurt. I rubbed my chest where the dart had hit me. It wasn't the dart that hurt, but knowing my mate had put it there intentionally? That sucks. But she did know the only way she was able to get Harrison by herself was by knocking me out, so props to her. Sudden fear set into me, how long was I out? Was she okay or did she find him? I looked at the clock at noticed only ten minutes had passed since the kitchen, so she couldn't have gone that far. Luckly my alpha blood was strong enough to fight off the drowsey drug quickly. I pushed off the bed, grabbed the nearest weapon which happened to be a silver knife, and ignored my friend who were worring over me, before jumping out of the window and following Cass's sweet vanilla scent. 

BANG!

I broke out into a run, what just happened? I focused on the bond to notice that she wasn't hurt. She was furious about something, probably being shot at, but she was not physically hurt. I breathed a sigh of relief, but it was short lived. Not long after I felt pain in the back of my head, but it wasn't my pain, before the line went dead. My heart stopped beating. 

No. This was not happening. Cass was not dead. I doubled over, my heart hurts and its almost an impossible task to keep beating which could only mean one thing. 

My mate was dead. 

I howled into the night , letting my wolf control all my scenses, taking over complety. The pain receded, and I was numb to the world around me. But a scent wafted to me. Vanilla. I followed it blindly, not careing where I was going as long as it was closer to Cass. I stopped to investigate a Bloody stick, and what looked like drag marks. I looked up and narrowed my eyes to an abandoned barn 50 or so yards away.

Cass's dead body was somewhere in there. I waited for the wave of pain to wash over me before using it to fuel me faster to her. I made sure the knife was safely near, and accesible so when I found Cass I could die next to her. I mulled over the fact that I was about to commit suicide, was I going to hell for it? Maybe I need to get someone else to do it so I can end up in heaven, if there is one, with Cass. 

I entered the barn, and there was my Cassandra, lying in some hay directly in front of me. I ran to her, before collapsing next to her. I pulled her in my arms and kissed her forehead. Where was the bastard that did this? I was going to give him shit for it, before letting him get the final blow. 

"Well, what do we have here?" A voice I knew from anywhere came from the dark side of the Barn, "Ryan?"

I turned to him and my mouth dropped. 

"Matthew?"

****

Wait, what? Harrison is Matthew? Who is Matthew/Harrison? I don't know, but Ryan seems to know him.. Is Cass dead? Or is she a really good faker? 

Questions, Questions...

Comment if you want me to answer them(: