IY..F chapp 17--Paitent X

Hey guys, no, Im not dead. I have just been having alot of stuff going on. Anywho here's chapter 17 ***

(Cass)

"Would you stop fidgeting? You’re making me nervous" I said laughing as I watched Ryan trying to calm himself down. He came over to where I was seated and picked me up. Not putting me down until I was comfortably seated in his lap. I buried my head in his neck and inhaled his familiar scent. 

"Sorry, Love, it's just that I want you to be okay and I'm going out of my mind worrying about tonight cause its the-" He broke off as if he'd said to much and refused to look at me. Probably knowing full well that I had caught on to him and was giving the irresistible puppy-dog eyes (hehe) to him. When he continued to look anywhere but at me I narrowed my eyes in suspicion.

"Tonight's what?" 

Still ignoring me I huffed and crossed my arms, two could play at the silent game. I leaned away from him so that we were touching only where it was absolutely necessary. Ryan, hating the loss of my touch, pulled me close and nuzzled my neck. I pushed at him so that he sat back in the chair.

"Down boy, you're not getting any of this till you tell me what's tonight." I motioned to my body.

"That's exactly the problem, and if you had been paying attention to the calander you would know whats tonight." His cryptic answer infuriated me, as well as made me confused. Was it his birthday or something? No, there was no way that could be it, it was still five months away. So what was the big deal about tonight? 

 We sat in the small doctor's office waiting for my test results to come back. I still held on to the thought that he was about to tell me something important, and I wasn't about to wait until tonight to figure out what it was. Inturrupting my inner thinking the doc came in. It was refreshing when I saw a smile on his face and I felt Ryan relax a bit.

" I have good news and I have better news." We waited for him to continue.

"The good news is that your body has completely accepted the change of blood. The even better news is that what ever changed your blood undertook in order to accept the injection, it sort of turned into a super blood of some sort. Something we doctors have only ever dreamed of." You could tell the doctor was getting worked up about my 'special' blood, but I still had no idea what he was talking about. Seemed like a common occurance around here, and Ryan was on the same page as me this time.

"Wait, doc, what exactly do you mean by 'superblood'?" 

"Cass's blood is amazing, it seems to retain certain healing properties that are more magnified then that of even a werewolf. Whether or not they were there before or after the injection is hard to know, but it’s a very good possibility that it's what saved her life." I sat back in shock. My blood could heal faster than a normal werewolf? 

"How was that even possible?' My voice shook as I asked my question aloud. Ryan's arms snaked around me and pulled me into the comforting warmth of his arms. I didn't fight it this time. The doctor frowned at my question.

"Yes, I did want to talk about that to you, seeing as you are our Alpha's. From what I gather, the injection was used as a way to create a new breed. You, Cass, are paitent X. The first to survive and adapt, which will make you a target for the people who supplied Harrison with the injections. They will probably want you back so they can find out what makes you so special." I felt the arms around me tighten as Ryan issued a low growl. 

"So what happens now?"

"Now you go home and rest." The doctor smiled warmly at us as Ryan stood effortlessly keeping me in his arms in bridal-style. I felt him lay a kiss at my forehead. On our way out to the car I heard a shout. Turning around we watched as a nurse ran up to us breathing heavily.