The Choice

****

(Cass)

"Sure Alec, whats up?" Naiomi made a move so as to leave us but I grabbed her hand to make her say put. I really needed to talk to her, and it wasn't as if I was having a heart-to-heart with Alec.

"How? How could you choose him over me? I was always there for you, I always thought it would be you and me to the end. You've hurt me so bad by choosing him, but I could forgive you. We could be happy together, all you have to do is be my mate. Please, just run away with me. I'll prove it to you that I love you more then him." He finished in a rush to get all of the words out, before he grabbed me and pulled me into his arms. My eyes were wide in shock as he leaned his head down- the intent to kiss me was clear.

Or I thought he did, as soon as I could feel his breath on my lips a growl sounded out. This growl was so full of pain and anger that my heart ripped apart just hearing it. Why had I almost let Alec kiss me? I don't like him that way, right? Suddenly, I was out of Alec's tight arms and in Naiomi's. My eyes flew open to see Ryan in front of me shaking, he was trying so hard to shift that he couldn't.

I struggled out of the hold I was in and Niaomi instanly dropped her arms. I went up to Ryan and slid my arms around his waist and with a big sigh he turned around to face me. I was so ashamed about what I had almost let happen to me I kept my eyes locked on his chest, too embarrassed to look into the stormy grey eyes of my mate. He lifted my chin to make me stare into his eyes and I was trapped in his amazing eyes. It wasn't until he started speaking that I saw the vulnerability and agony inside of him.

"Cass, I won't force you to stay with me, you can be with Alec if thats what your heart wants. I just want you to know I love you. I will protect you and cherish you until my last breath, even if you don't stay with me." He said. My heart dropped to my stomach. 

They expected me to choose between my mate and my best friend.

******