Shade 4-MAGENTA

When Krish's silhouette was no longer visible, Meera left as well. 'What a weirdo' she thought and sighed. Meera saw that her mother was waiting for her at the exit gate. The sight of her beloved mom waiting for Meera on her scooter instantly uplifted her mood. Within a moment she forgot whatever had happened that day. 

Mrs

Mrs. Mathur

"How was your day, sweetheart?" asked Mrs. Mathur. "Fine maa" Meera replied as she wore her helmet. After riding the scooter for a few minutes, they stopped near an ice-cream vendor near a public park. 

Mrs. Mathur- It is very hot today, isn't it? 

Meera-yes maa. 

Mrs. Mathur- What flavour would you like Meera? 

Meera- I am not in the mood, maa. 

Mrs. Mathur- But Meera ice-cream is literally your most favorite thing in the world. 

Meera- I am really not hungry and I have a lot of homework as well. 

Mrs. Mathur- Come on Meera! 

Mrs. Mathur bought two ice-creams and both of them went inside the park. They sat on a bench eating their frozen dessert quietly. 

Mrs. Mathur- So, care to explain why your mood is off today? 

Meera- It's nothing big. I just have to share my seat with an annoying guy. 

Mrs. Mathur- Then why don't you complain about him? I am sure your teachers will take action. 

Meera- He is the class topper, Maa. 

Mrs. Mathur- Oh! Well, it is just a matter of a few months. Just stay focused on your ultimate aim. Meera, you have always wanted to be an astrophysicist and you have to stay focused on achieving your dreams regardless of how many annoying or amazing people come and go. 

Meera- I know. 

Mrs. Mathur- Ah-huh, Meera if you give up during high school then how will you pursue your PhD? 

Meera- I am not giving up, mom. Never. 

Mrs. Mathur- That's my girl. Come let's go home now. 

A few hours passed. Meera was immersed in her books and Mrs. Mathur was cooking dinner. 

Suddenly, Mrs. Mathur's phone rang. She picked the call. "Hello?" said Mrs. Mathur. "Good evening, am I talking to Meera Mathur's mother?" a young voice asked from the other side of the phone. 

"Yes, I am Meera's mother. But who are you?" She replied. "Namaste Aunty, I am Krish Walia. I am Meera's classmate and also her benchmate. She must have told you about me, I am the annoying guy." the voice replied. 

Mrs. Mathur- Oh Krish? Yes, Meera has told me about you. How are you? Should I hand over the phone to Meera? 

Krish- No, I just wanted to discuss something with you. 

Mrs. Mathur- Sure, go on. 

Krish- Are you aware of the physics test that was recently conducted? Well, Meera scored 29 and I scored 30. So, she is just frustrated  that I scored the highest marks. Also, today she was misbehaving in chemistry class. 

Mrs. Mathur- Really? I knew about the test results but I didn't know about Meera misbehaving in the class. Maybe that is why she was upset today. 

Krish- She was upset? Well, I just wanted to tell you that the teachers have advised me that I should help Meera in studies. So from tomorrow onwards she will stay back at school till 5 in the evening. 

Mrs. Mathur- huh? But wouldn't that disturb your schedule? 

Krish- In return, Meera would help me as well. I have a karate tournament soon, she will have to assist me during my karate practice. It's very nominal work and she will be totally fine so don't worry about anything. 

Mrs. Mathur- All right. I am trusting you with this Krish. Be careful during practice and all. 

Krish- Thankyou so much aunty. Also, you don't have to pick her up. I would drop her at your doorstep. Goodbye and please take care of yourself and my Meera. 

With that said, Krish hung up the phone. 'Wait. My Meera! What a weirdo.' Mrs. Mathur thought. That night she clearly instructed Meera about how Meera would stay back at school from tomorrow and stick with Krish. She told Meera to be respectful to Krish and do as he dictates. 

_________________________________________
AUTHORS' NOTE
HOPE YOU ARE LIKING THE STORY TILL NOW. PLEASE DROP A REVIEW. CHECKOUT THE PAPERBACK AND IF YOU CAN'T PURCHASE IT, JUST DROP YOUR REVIEW THERE.
THANKYOU