Shade 10-WILD BERRY

"Wait! Am I dreaming?! Meera has something to tell me? I knew from the beginning that she loves me." Krish thought. He was lost in his head when suddenly someone grabbed his shoulders and rattled him. He came back to his senses.

Krish: How dare you touch me like that, Meera Mathur? Don't you ever forget your place, Ms. Assistant.

Meera: Fine, I'll call Anita ma'am then.

Krish: Oh! No! Don't do that for god's sake.

Meera: So, where are we going?

Krish: It is a surprise. Just follow me.

Meera: Geez! I am not going to jump off this balcony! This isn't a fantasy or sci-fi movie.

Krish: Who said that we are going to jump from this balcony? We are going to use the exit door in the kitchen like normal people.

Meera: That ain't normal though.

Krish: Shut up!

Fifteen minutes later, both Meera and Krish were out of the hotel. They were both roaming on the streets. No, it was not dreadful. The city was wide awake, well lit and in a festive mood.

West Bengal was to celebrate the biggest festival of the region. Navratri or Durgo Puja, a festival of ten days and nine days, was to commence from the upcoming week.Kolkata, the capital of West Bengal was engrossed in the preparations to welcome Durga, the hindu goddess who killed the demon Mahishasurra. Pandals were being decorated, people were walking on the streets, preparing for festivals, and eating street food from vendors. The aroma of Chai and Singhara Chaat filled the air along with hints of fuchkas' minty fragrance mixed with the steam of Momos.

Krish took Meera to a lavish restaurant. A late night restaurant with a live music show.

The place was packed with couples so no one noticed them, except for a few older people. The atmosphere was pretty romantic. Krish thought of a cheesy idea and ordered a single plate of spaghetti in hopes to - UHM- you get the thing right. Meera was however sharp enough to order noodles for herself. Krish wanted to say a lot of things, do a lot of things but it is quite natural to get nervous in such situations. 

After the dinner, when they were out of the hotel. Krish asked "Meera! You wanted to tell me something?" This made Meera awkward and uncomfortable, she hesitated for a bit and said, "Yeah, but Krish you just treated me with such a nice dinner. I wish to treat you with a dessert." This sentence made Krish blush, have a goofy grin and fumble. Meera took Krish to a sweet shop and that is where she bought some Gurer Rosogollas.

The jaggery juice made the dessert balls appear glossy in the lighting.

Meera took one rosogolla and without a second thought shoved it into his mouth. She repeated this a few times. Krish was dumbstruck. He didn't know what was sweeter, the rosogollas or these moments. He didn't utter a single word because he was loving the feel of Meera's fingertips upon his lips. 

Finally, after a few more, she stopped. She was about to speak but Krish stopped her right there. He put his finger on her mouth and hushed her. He opened his GPS for a moment and took her to a public park. 

The sweet shop owner who witnessed this was cringing hard upon this public display of affection. 

When Krish and Meera reached the park. They sat on a bench. Krish stood up and kneeled in front of her. He took out something from his pocket. It was a bracelet, a shining bracelet made of gold. It was simple yet pretty. 

Krish said "I know that I was supposed to do this with a ring but Meera this bracelet is a memento of my deceased mother." 

Meera stood up. She was shocked.

Krish: I LOVE YOU MEERA!

Meera: KRISH, STOP IT.

Krish: I know you are not in a position to talk. We can plan our future later. It is 1 AM already, let's go and sleep now.

Krish held Meera's hand and tied the bracelet on her wrist. They came back to the hotel and Krish bid Meera goodnight. Yet, Meera kept staring at the bracelet. "Oh God! I should have said No right there!" she thought. A lot many questions boggled her mind and this was again going to be a sleepless night for the two main characters.

_________________________________________
AUTHORS' NOTE
PLEASE DROP A REVIEW AND CHECKOUT THE PAPERBACK. EVEN IF YOU CAN'T BUY A COPY, DO DROP A REVIEW THERE.
THANKYOU