Achievement: Lvl 4 Backstory Unlocked

It had been a long emotion wrought day for all the inhabitants of the Owl House and this was even more obvious once the live stream had been brought to an end. Tears were shed by both witches and the young demon and the trio soon found themselves on the floor enveloped in a group hug to try and take some of the pain away from each other. They didn't separate for a long time, not until the tears had ran dry and the bawling cries slowed to mere sniffles.

'I can't believe we never thought of live streaming Kings message before. I feel like such dingus.' Luz said disheartened as she pulled away from the hug, mentally kicking herself for not thinking of the idea previously.

'It's okay Luz, as long as my dad sees my message who cares how he found out?' King reassured, patting Luz's arm gently.

Luz felt much better upon hearing that and a weight felt like had been lifted from her chest but she still couldn't shake the small pang of guilt for not doing something earlier. When Luz felt like this she knew she needed another infamous Eda hug but when she turned to face her mentor, Eda looked deeply troubled and sat there hugging herself tightly as she stared off into space.

'Eda are you okay?' Luz asked tentatively, her eyebrows knitted in concern.

Eda didn't seem to respond causing the young witch and demon to glance nervously towards each other.

'Is this about the name thing? I know I probably should have asked you before, but I thought it would be a cool surprise.' King asked quietly, rubbing the back of his head.

'You are okay with me changing my name, aren't you?' King sounded as though he was about to cry again.

The uncertainty in the young demon's voice seemed to break Eda from her thoughts.

'What? Of course I am, I would be honoured to share my name with you.' Eda exclaimed, placing a hand on King shoulder.

'So those are tears of happiness then?' King asked, still unsure if his adoptive mother was lying to him or not.

'Yeah of course.... well maybe not entirely.' Eda trailed off, staring vacantly at the ground.

'Eda?'

Eda turned towards the voice and was met with concerned eyes from the young human.

'It's been a rough day kiddo.' Eda admitted tiredly, rubbing the bridge of her nose.

'Can we help? I know where Lily stashed her ice cream before she left.' Luz offered, as she smiled sweetly at her mentor.

'That'd be nice.' Eda said softly, a small smile appearing on her face.

Eda took a moment to really look at the two children in front of her. Both gazed up at her with such hope in their eyes and a true sense of warmth washed over Eda as she began to realise that they really loved her. Of course she was already aware of that fact, but it had never really felt anything more than just a statement until then. The idea of love was terrifying to Eda so she never dared to hang on to it for fear that it would be inevitably ripped from her and she would be left alone once again. But in that moment the fear seemed to disappear and Eda knew there could be no secrets among them any longer. They were a family.

Eda sighed heavily, 'Come on let's go home, there's something I need to tell you.'

The flight home on Owlbert was quiet aside from the deep breaths King was taking to ease his still queasy stomach. Luz rubbed small circles on his back to try and help as best as she could, thankful for a distraction as she felt concern grow for her mentor's behaviour.