Tea Leaves Cont.

A gentle breeze swept through secluded area where the Owl House stood. The gentle sizzle from last night's acid rain shower could still be heard. For once, it was peaceful at the house.

Well, it was until loud screaming started to blare from Luz's alarm clock.

'Ah! I'm awake! I'm awake!' Luz said as she slammed her fist onto the demon clock.

'Ow!' The clock spoke deeply, 'Eda doesn't pay me enough for this every morning you know.'

'Oh, sorry. I'll be more careful.' Luz apologised as the demon suddenly grew a pair of short, stubby legs and jumped out the open window.

Luz stretched out as she sat up in bed, her back popping slightly. Maybe it was time to get a mattress instead of using a sleeping bag and blankets.

It didn't take long for Luz to get dressed and head downstairs.

As she reached the bottom of the staircase, she was met with King holding Francois

'Eda's in the kitchen. She's a little sad after yesterday, I think.' King explained quietly.

'I think so too buddy. But she'll cheer up soon once we have a plan sorted.' Luz tried to reassure the demon.

'It'll make a nice change anyway-' Eda's voice rang out suddenly, causing the two to look towards the kitchen.

'-having a plan I mean.' Eda quipped as she sipped her tea.

'Yeah, we don't tend to do that often enough.' Luz laughed awkwardly.

'Hey, it's okay. You don't have to worry about me you know. I'm a tough cookie.' Eda chuckled.

'Yeah you are.' Luz smiled, feeling a little better about her mentor. Although, her worries didn't disappear fully.

'So what's the plan then? How are we gonna get the Golden Guard to help us?' Eda questioned.

'We need to find him first.' Luz retorted.

'Didn't you say that you saw him in the Palistrom woods last time?' Eda asked.

'Yeah, the Emperor's Coven wanted the wood for something.'

Eda started to pace back and forth as she thought.

'If it's Palistrom wood they're after, why don't we provide them with a tip off? Then when the kid shows up we can strike.' Eda punched the air on the last word causing Luz to pull a face.

'And by strike, I obviously mean have a civil, non-violent conversation.' Eda conceded.

'That might actually work. How are you gonna get a message to the guard though?' King asked, confused.

Eda pulled out her scroll and started to tap away.

'Aha. Bingo.' Eda exclaimed as she turned her scroll around to show the others.

'You have Warden Wrath on Penstagram?' King felt a little repulsed at that.

'Wow, that is a lot of gym selfies...' Luz mumbled under her breath.

'Hey! It's totally normal to follow an ex online. Just don't do it in person, cause that's a whole different story and I-' Eda trailed off once she noticed the questioning looks she was getting from the pair.

'-definitely have not done that.' Eda coughed awkwardly, as she started to type.

'You scare me woman.' King said deadpan.

'There, sent. I've told him there's a hidden patch on Palistrom wood down by the river. I said I'm telling him as a way of apologising for punching him in the face.'

'He bought it!' Luz shouted as she read the positive response from the Warden.

'And now he's sending me gym selfies...' Eda huffed, feeling annoyed as her scroll pinged several times.

'Woah!' Eda quickly moved the phone away and held it against her chest as she looked at the last message.

'Well that's enough of the internet for today.' Eda exclaimed before throwing her phone out of the window.

'Ooh, Eda you dropped your phone!' Hooty's voice rang out from outside.

'Wait, what is that?'

Eda's eyes widened as she realised what was happening.

'Hooty no don't-' Eda shouted.

'MY EYES! MY EYES! AHHHHHHHHH' Hooty wailed, as he rolled along the floor before sticking his head underground to scream.

'I don't even wanna know what that was about.' King said innocently.

'Good and let's keep it that way.' Eda said, the words rushing from her mouth.

'So shall we go then?' Luz asked as she grabbed Eda's staff from its place by the door.

'Let's go find the kid.' Eda said determined as she opened the door being careful to step over Hooty as she went. She mentally reminded herself to get that demon some extra mice when they came home.