Hunting Down Hunter

It was a quiet journey over to the river as everyone knew what was at stake. Raine's safety. It wasn't long before Eda landed the trio behind a large rock that overlooked the riverbed.

'Right then, we'll lay low here until Wonder Boy shows up.' Eda explained as they crouched down, listening for any sign of someone's arrival.

It felt like they had stayed hidden for hours. The sun had now moved into prime position over their heads as the heat beat down onto them. Eda felt as though she was about to give up when she suddenly heard a sound from behind the rock.

'Right guards, we've had information given to us that the area may potentially have Palistrom wood. We need to verify this information and relay it back to the Emperor. So spread out and search!' A voice ordered. It was in no doubt, the Golden Guard.

Eda peeked around the rock and caught a glimpse of the insignia that was on the guard's back and this only confimed things further. From where she was crouched down, it looks as though the guard was only accompanied by three ordinary guardsmen.

'Okay here's the plan. Luz and I will take out the guards whilst King stays here.'

'Hey! Why have I got to stay here? King exclaimed.

'We need someone to keep an eye out and tell us if something's wrong. We need you here' Eda explained, somewhat truthfully. Whilst it did help to have a lookout, she also couldn't bear the thought of something happening to her son.

'Okay, just be careful.' King replied, satisfied with the explanation.

Eda scanned the surroundings and saw that two of the guards had headed over to a more secluded area.

'We take out those two first.' Eda pointed at the guards in question.

'Ready?' Luz asked as she held out an invisibility glyph to Eda.

Eda simply nodded and the pair took a deep breath before vanishing.

The two guards were caught completely unaware as the two witches both slammed down ice glyphs by their feet, causing them both to be sent flying into the woodland.

'Two down, two to go.' Luz whispered before grabbing another set of invisibility glyphs.

The pair soon found the remaining guard and quickly took them out with a plant glyph which left the guard dangling from one of the tree branches.

Now that the guards had been taken care of, the duo headed in the same direction that they saw the Golden Guard travel in some moments before.

It seemed as though the pair were searching for some time causing an unsettling feeling to gnaw at Eda.

'Eda! Look out!' King's voice rang out just before a glimpse of gold caught Eda's eye. The older witch luckily dodged to the side as the Golden Guard brought down his staff.

'Wait! We need to talk to you!' Luz pleaded as she looked at the Guard.

'I don't negotiate with wild witches.' The Golden Guard snapped as he swung his staff once more, sending bolts of lightning hurtling towards the duo.

Eda and Luz quickly used their invisibility glyphs and disappeared from sight.

The Golden Guard scanned his surroundings warily.

The sudden snap of a twig breaking caused him to send more lightning in its direction but it passed straight over and into the woods.

The Golden Guard gasped as he found himself seperated from his staff as wild vines tore it from his grasp as several more restrained his limbs. Footsteps from behind him could be heard as Luz stepped into his line of vision.