9- Don't Make Me Forget

April 30th, 1975

The rest of February passed quickly without incident. Flowers and more rain came in March and April but the world seemed strangely calm. Too calm.

Louis turned two years old and he was as happy as a kid could be. Iola was what any mother should be, and Maia continued her role as the cool aunt/godmother. Iola continued to go to her hospital visits, but each time she came home with the same news; nothing had changed. At least it wasn't getting worse.

Letters continued to come from Sirius and they began to learn more about each other personally. When his school ended, they planned to finish his animagus process and tell Regulus about his sister. Sirius had offered the idea that they kidnap Regulus so he couldn't run away, but Maia vetoed. Not that it wasn't a good plan, but she did actually want to make a good 'first' impression and didn't think kidnapping him would do it.

Little did Maia know that her spring bliss would stop shortly. The death eaters were planning something for her, and it wasn't a party.

Since being spotted in Russell square, Walburga and Orion Black had been contacted. Informed that their squib of a daughter somehow bested two of their best fighters. Their assignment was to take her out.

That's why when they found her almost five months later, with another girl in a bakery that was closing, Rodolphus and Rabastan Lestrange, wanting their honor restored, attacked.

Maia was gathering the pastries that could not be saved and placing them in bags during closing. Violet was sitting at a table, working on an essay for her classes waiting for Maia to be free for the night.

"What's the essay on?" Maia said to try to start a conversation.

"It's a deep analysis on Shakespeare plays. Basically I'm writing about his tragedies, and how all of it could've been avoided if people simply talked to each other, to understand and weren't so focused on changing someone else's life." Violet responded as she continued to scribble her words.

"How so?"

"Romeo and Juliet were too caught up in changing the other's family and the manipulations of situations is what led to their downfall, they tried to force themselves together, but it forced them apart, and eventually it took deaths, deaths that didn't need to happen to end feuds."

"I think I understood one tenth of what you just said."

Violet laughed, "That's why you dropped out of school."

"Hey! That's not fair!"

Violet was about to counter when the front door of the bakery slammed open, two masked men entered holding wands at the ready, sparks already flying.

It took no time for Maia to grab her girlfriend by the wrist and pull her beneath the protection of the table she was sitting at. Seeing that Violet was currently safe, Maia transformed her bracelet to her dagger and blocked the first spell thrown at them. So much for keeping Violet away from magic.

Trying to pull them away from Violet, she jumped out to the open, drawing them to the back, while also trying to keep the bakery building upright. Infront of her appeared the same two death eaters that attacked her brother and his friends, but this time one of them spoke, "Your mum and dad want you dead"

"Well you can tell them that I don't plan on dying anytime soon."

Circling around, Maia pulled Violet from beneath the table where she was looking with wide eyes of shock. Though Maia did not have to hold the attackers off for long, through the nearest window, she saw two wizards dressed in Auror robes apparate just outside the bakery.