13- The Order of the Phoenix

(A/N) I updated two days in a row! It's what happens when I'm sick and don't have to go to school so I write the whole day.

August 27th, 1975

It took a while to convince Monty and Effie that she was fit to fight back. She told them the story of saving Sirius and his friends last christmas holidays, they already mostly knew, but Maia went into detail, including the three other times she had ran into death eaters. Even living a muggle life, she couldn't get away from them, and the Potter's were finally convinced. So when the day came that Monty was going to apparate her to a safe house to be inducted, she was prepared, or as prepared as she could be.

They apparated to a house that looked well cared for, a nice garden outside and a paint job that must have been done recently. Maia knew better than to ask where they were or whose house it was, the Potter's were still very sceptical about her joining.

Inside, they were met by an old man with half moon glasses and a bright sparkle in his eyes, he introduced himself as Albus Dumbledore. The Potter's mentioned to her that Albus Dumbledore was the headmaster at Hogwarts and had founded the order. Next to him were the aurors Maia had run into before, Kingsley Shacklebolt and Benjy Fenwick, she remembered. Sitting down there were four others who looked much more her age. Two of them were obviously twins, the same chocolate eyes, strong build, massive height and fiery red hair, though one had grown his hair long so that it framed his face nicely. The other had his cut short out of his eyes.

The other two sat close to each other, a boy and girl. The boy wasn't short but wasn't tall. He had dirty blonde hair and a warm smile. The girl was shorter, almost at Maia's own height. She had shoulder length light brown hair with bangs, the ends were coloured purple.

"Welcome everyone, I know this group seems small, but these are the people who you will be working with most often." Dumbledore went on to explain that the other four planned on being aurors, they would work closely with Kingsley and Benjy, since they were recent auror graduates. Fabian Prewett, the twin with shorter hair and Gideon had just graduated from Hogwarts that year, and Alice Fortescue and Frank Longbottom were going into their seventh year in a few days, were accepted into the order due to their exceptional defense abilities.

It finally came time for Maia to introduce herself, "Uh, hi. My name is Maia Black, the older sister of Sirius and Regulus, you probably know them. I'm seventeen, but I'm a squib so I never went to Hogwarts."

To the others credit, they simply raised their eyebrows at her name and let her finish.

"No offense, but if you're a squib, how are you going to fight back?" Fabian asked. She was kind of bored of introducing herself. It consisted of all the same questions. They all continued with questions, which she answered. Gideon made a comment about how Sirius better keep up their legacy as beaters.

Dumbledore spoke again once everyone was quiet. "Maia will be a great asset for us, and I will ask that no one in this room mentions Maia to anyone outside of this circle. Almost no one knows she exists, it can be useful if it stays that way." Everyone nodded their heads slowly, ready to do whatever was needed by Dumbledore. "I know that keeping secrets may be new to some of you, but for however long this war lasts, secrets are important. Assignments will be only known to you, myself, and possibly someone else. We are in a war, remember that." For being such a bright and seemingly happy person, Dumbledore could ruin the mood quite easily.

The meeting ended shortly as it was just introductory. The Prewett twins had to leave, saying something about how their sister would be angry if they were late. Kingsley and Benjy left as well, and Monty needed to talk to Dumbledore privately so she was stuck there a little longer. Alice however came and sat right next to her on the couch.