12- Regulus

November 18th, 1965

The three siblings were in Regulus' room taking turns playing gobstones. Currently Maia was spread out on his bed with her head in a book while Sirius and Regulus were arguing over the game infront of them. There were some smashed objects around the two and Regulus was glaring daggers at Sirius as he babbled on about how he was right.

The moment was paused when Walburga entered the room, not bothering to knock. Her face twisted in disgust looking around the room. "Regulus, clean your room," Regulus pouted. "And the three of you better be ready in two hours, your Aunt, Uncle, and cousins will be joining us for dinner." She promptly exited as quickly as she came in.

Some people will say that Regulus didn't belong in Slytherin, that his betrayal of Voldemort was purely an act of bravery. That Regulus belonged in Gryffindor and was a sorting hat mistake. Who they didn't know was four year old Regulus.

"Can we play truth or dare?" He asked innocently.

Maia, wondering where he was going, said "Alright."

"Truth or dare Siri?"

Sirius was quick to respond, "Dare!"

"I dare you to clean my room," He said authoritarly.

Maia burst into giggles and Sirius looked shocked, but stood up shoving things back into place angrily. He was not one to back down from a dare, no matter how much his little brother had manipulated him.

Maia walked over and high-fived Regulus, whispering "Nice one Reggie."

July 3rd, 1975

"I still think Snuffles is the best," Maia said. It was the next morning and the boys and Maia were trying to figure out nicknames.

"Unoriginal," Sirius pouted.

Maia just sighed. Today was also the day Sirius was going to share his 'excellent' plan of how to get him to meet with Maia and execute it. She was trying to keep herself calm, knowing that soon she would be seeing her youngest brother who was only seven when she had left. It was currently too much to think about so she resorted to joining the nickname conversation.

"Ooh James how about Horny?" Pete said.

"Absolutely yes!" Sirius laughed.

"Rudolph?" Maia imputed. "Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner or Blitzen."

James was smacking his head against a tree repeatedly. Maia would be surprised if he actually knew any of the names due to only being in muggle books. It must have been how excited they were that he knew they were not good nicknames.

"Bambi, Venison." Remus offered. Leave it to Remus to come up with dead deer names.

"Please no." Was all James could say.

Their suggestion went back and forth for a while until Sirius looked at his watch and exclaimed the time. "Anyways," Sirius said, standing up, "Maia and I have some business to attend to at Patera."

"Patera?" Maia asked, confused.

"It's a wizarding pub nearby, we are meeting Reggie there in an hour."

"Oh," Was all Maia responded with and Sirius dragged her to her motorbike. "So you didn't kidnap him?"

"No. I was just joking about that. I gave him a letter at school telling him to meet me at Patera for something important. He should be able to floo there easily."