PART TWENTY FOUR - FOREVER AND THEN SOME MORE

This was it

This was it.

The day she had been fretting for so long, since the day her mother even mentioned the possibility of a war, way before she got sent back to the hell of a school she was in.

Arabelle wasn't one for he say she say, nor did she care about public opinion very much. But now her parents were notorious deatheaters, she started to listen, she heard what people said as she walked through the halls, moving out of her path in fear and pointing.

She started to care, she didn't want to hurt anyone, nor did she want to be viewed in the same light as her parents, she didn't have the same values they did.

She didn't even want people to fear her like she once did. The whole seat heater thing changed her complete perspective on things.

And now sat on the edge of her bed as people rushed past the dorms, attempting to figure out what was going on, trying to find their friends.

Her wand was steady in her hand as she analysed it, at the worst possible times memories flooded through.

"Arabelle, a name to be remembered I hope, with a wand like this, Phoenix feathers and the hair of a Thestral, my- I haven't seen anything like it in years." Ollivander says, the ghost of a grin of his face.

"But, it is your choice, what you do with this wand- what path you take, dark or light?"

It was her choice, but as it happens, she had no clue what to do. As much as she acted like she had it all together, she had absolutely no idea what was happening in her life.

Her mind travelled to her parents, Bridget, Saoirse and Nina- even Draco.

She had come to the terms with the fact she didn't entirely hate Draco, as much as that pained her to say, and she knew he was going through the same as she was, but she was also worried what path he'd take.

There wasn't much time for Arabelle to ponder as she heard distant crashes from outside, she inhaled a sharp breath and warily walked into the corridor, watching as people ran from her, hoping they wouldn't be killed.

She shoves her wand in her pocket, hoping people would feel a bit more at ease, she threw her hands up and walked through the crowds to assess the damage.

She heard another crash and a familiar scream, she could've swore her heart never dropped faster, she ran as fast as her legs could take her, dodging through people, she crashed into the back of someone, who drew their wand.

"Bridget! Where's Saoirse?"

"Getting crushed by your people!" Bridget snaps, Arabella nods, she deserved that as much.

"Okay, I deserve you being a dick to me, but we need to go in there." Arabelle says, drawing her wand.

"W- you're helping us?"