Chap. 8

America's pov:
Great I come here thinking I can let out my feelings but no.

And of course the first time we can be alone together in a little over a year he's late.

He's probably with Kirss kissing her and loving her.

I'm only gonna wait for 5 more minutes after that I'm leaving. I think to myself.

As I'm looking around the garden,so many memories flooding back good bad. As I'm reminiscing on the past someone comes up behind me and taps my shoulder.

I scream and turn around to see Maxon smiling like a little kid on Christmas morning.

"You almost caused me a heart attack." I gasp while steadying myself.

"Missed you to my dear" Maxon casually says. I roll my eyes annoyed wondering what's it with him and calling me names when he's getting married the day after tomorrow.

"Don't call me dear." I say sternly, Maxon laughs "just like old times." I chuckle at him and his antics.

He stops laughing and his face gets serious

"I'm sorry America." He says just below a whisper.

"Why if anything I should be the one saying sorry." I say  "I mean I am the one who technically cheated on you. You did what any person would do if they were cheated on."

"Ames I know everything." He states "I know that you and aspen snuck around the palace, I know that after Halloween you decided to fight for me, I know what happened the morning of the choosing ceremony." He finishes.

I'm left speechless I have no clue what to say did Aspen really tell him everything.

"Say something please or don't but I'd rather you say something." Maxon ask. " I'm trying to I just don't know what to say he did that for me because he loves me but I'm here now because from the talks Marlee and I have had you can't really live without me." I answer him.

He sighs "Did she really tell you i can't live without you? I mean she's not wrong but."he says. I smile slightly and he similes brightly back.

"Do you still love me?"Maxon ask.

I think about it and I do I do love him but he has Kirss and they will be married soon I really hope if he goes through with the wedding he can learn to love her.

"Yes" I softly answer.

" I love you to and your the only one I will ever love." He says before he leans in and kisses me.

A/N: that's the end of this chapter. All of my chapters are short so I'm thinking of making the wedding chapter longer with more and more povs. To anyone thats reading this story thank you so so so so much for reading this and I really hope you enjoy the rest of the story.
-with all my love jelly signing off 😘