Chap. 22

America's POV:
6 months later

The last 6 months have been super hectic.

As soon as news got around that Maxon and I have came back every single person in the place has been swarming us.

But I really hope it's all worth it.

After a little longer than expected Maxon and I are finally becoming Queen and King.

My maids finish getting me ready in a pale pink gown that shimmers in sun and goes all the way to my feet with my vibrant hair in a bun and makeup that's not to heavy but perfect for the lighting in the chapel.

As soon as I get down stairs and to the chapel the ceremony has just begun.

"Today Prince Maxon Calix Schreve and Princess America Schreve will finally become this wonderful country's King and Queen." The bishop tells to everyone watching.

The crowd erupts into some cheers and claps for a moment before settling down again.

The ceremony is pretty boring but then I hear the words "Long live King Maxon!" and I suddenly erupt into a fit of nerves.

"Will you America Schreve vow to protect Ilea, Treat all Ileans as your equals, and regain untilyour death or anything life threatening happens to you or Maxon." The bishops voice echos in my ears.

"I do"

"Long live Queen America Schreve!" He announces and Maxon and I make our way out and outside to the place gates.

All I can hear are screaming and yelling of cheers and even some people crying happy tears.

Maxon kisses me and the crowd gets even louder

"it will all be over soon just gotta stay out here for a few more minutes" he whisperers against my lips.

Maxons pov:
After about fifteen minutes of killing our eardrums we head back inside to the reception.

It's even louder inside when we walk in.

We make our rounds and eat some food before I decided that we need to dance at least once today.

"Would you like to accompany me on the dance floor madam." I jokingly ask.

"You shall sir." She giggles back.

She loops her arm through mine and I lead her to the middle of the dance floor.

I look into her beautiful blue eyes and smile.

"You are the prettiest person in the entire world." I say

"I'm not if anything your mother is than are future kids than me." She chuckles back.

" But do I have any of them on my mind every second of my life." I say back

"Hmmm..... I guess you are right in your mind my love." She says

"I love you my dear."

"Not exactly your dear but I love you to"

I kiss her passionately and I'm guessing a little to passionately because I believe I heard a whistle from Celeste.

America chuckles and I do the same.

"Get a room you two!" Celeste yells

I look Celeste dead in the eye and kiss America much more passionately then any time I've kissed her in public.

Celeste walks over with Natalie not far behind and we all burst out into laughter.

America's POV:
The party has died down and Maxon and Celeste are drunk one more than the other.

Tonight I have learned about a new drunk Maxon persona and that is touchy Maxon. It is pretty funny but I'm also still in this giant dress and there's about 30 people out of the 100 people in the room.

We are all having a dandy time until we here a baby cry.

"What was that. I ask frightened.

"I have no clue" Maxon says slurring his words.

There's some rustling and Marlee walks in with a BABY in her arms.

"Marls!!!" I yell

"Uh yessss?" She says.

"Who's child is that?!" A very drunk Celeste says.

"Is this why you have been avoiding me?" I ask

"I- ummm"

"Im sorry but you and Maxon were away and I was gonna tell you on your wedding day that I had like just had a baby but things happened so I continued to keep it a secret." She starts to cry.

"It's fine ummm..." I look over at the half asleep Maxon. "Let's talk tomorrow in the women's room ok"

"Ya that's fine."

"Ok and bring the baby!"

"I will." She says then leaves

I walk with Maxon back to our room and get him settled into bed.I then get myself ready for bed and snuggle up next to him.

Even in his sleep he still wraps his arms around me and somehow manages to say goodnight."

A/n: posting on Maxons Birthday which is cool. I hope you enjoyed! That it for now!
-with all my love jelly signing off 💕