Unveiling Hidden Strength

When the time for the selection came, the eager disciples donned their training uniforms and gathered at the training grounds. Among them, there were three distinct categories: archery, sword fighting, and kung fu. A stringent rule required participants to seal their spiritual powers during combat, ensuring a level playing field between opponents of the same cultivation level.

"Shijie, which category will you choose?" Fu Qingyan inquired.

Hua Qingling contemplated her choice. "I'll opt for kung fu. You won't be participating, given your status as an inner disciple, right? What's your specialty in martial arts?"

Fu Qingyan, initially hesitant, admitted, "I practice sword fighting."

Hua Qingling pressed further, "Is that so? Don't worry about me, I'll be fine."

To Fu Qingyan's  surprise,  Hua Qingling appeared unusually confident. The thought crossed her mind: had her sister been secretly training in martial arts all along?

The moment arrived to determine the partners for the competition, and Hua Qingling found herself facing a disciple from the same sect as Ying Yue, the young master.

This young disciple, chosen to match her level, was as arrogant as his master. He taunted Hua Qingling, even going so far as to flaunt his skills in a rather condescending manner.

Her eyebrow arched, Hua Qingling returned the taunt with a glare. Even Xiaolian couldn't resist commenting, "Ying Yue, it appears your disciple is a mirror image of you—all show and no substance. I bet this younger sister, Hua, will defeat him in no time!"

In response, Ying Yue snapped, "Xiaolian, hold your tongue!  " Xiaolian!!  If we both were in the same category you would be dead meat by now! What's with your bet?! I am obvious that even someone with no knowledge with Kung Fu can defeat her! I have never even  heard of Hua Qingling practicing martial arts even though her parents were no match for others with their great skills! "

Fu Qingyan also interjected, admonishing Ying Yue, "Focus on your own business and refrain from baseless predictions. And there's no need to bring her parents into this."

Chaos reigned in the midst of the disciples.

Hua Qingling muttered to herself, exasperated, "This is so annoying. They're arguing about me as though I'm some object to be bet upon. When will this event end? These people are incredibly fearless and shameless, even after enduring punishments from their shizun."

Finally, the moment of competition arrived, and it was Hua Qingling's turn to take the stage. Her opponent remained excessively arrogant, his overconfidence grating on her nerves.

As soon as the match began, her opponent was sent hurtling by a single kick. Onlookers were dumbfounded.

Her opponent, still reeling from the shock, rose with fury and lunged at Hua Qingling. She swiftly evaded with a smirk, her agile defense making a mockery of his attacks.

Frustrated and humiliated, her opponent resorted to grabbing a piece of log and attempting an ambush from behind. The audience was left bewildered by the disciple's actions, but before he could strike, he coughed up blood. Hua Qingling counterattacked, delivering a powerful blow to his abdomen and expertly twisting his arm. His arm dislocated, and he fell unconscious in agony.

Hua Qingling couldn't help but feel a bit remorseful for the rookie opponent she had faced. She thought to herself, "Oh no! It seems like he was really a rookie with no sense of defense. What am I supposed to do now! I went too hard on this child. Well, I guess all those years of mastering self-defense techniques in the K-pop industry have certainly made me stronger. And this new body I'm inhabiting, brimming with qi, is undoubtedly boosting my abilities."

The master supervising the match was caught off guard by the rapid turn of events. "Hua Qingling advances, and Cao Meng is disqualified for breaking the rules. Get a physician for Cao Meng," he ordered.

Cao Meng, defeated and disqualified, was carried away for medical attention. Meanwhile, Ying Yue couldn't resist one last comment on the bet.

Hua Qingling sighed, "They're still talking about that bet."

Fu Qingyan, however, watched her sister with a curious expression, sensing that something extraordinary was happening. After a long pause, she finally spoke, "Shijie, I've never seen anyone as amazing as you. You're remarkably skilled at hiding your true abilities."

Hua Qingling could only respond with a silent nod, her thoughts racing as she contemplated the intricate web of lies she had spun. She then turned and addressed their master, seeking permission to visit Cao Meng and longing for a moment's rest.

The master granted permission, albeit with a word of caution. "You may leave, but I advise against visiting Cao Meng or Ying Yue at this moment. Their recent loss may make them less than receptive to visitors. Nevertheless, your performance is truly remarkable, and Master Liu will undoubtedly be proud of you."

With these words, Hua Qingling retreated to her chambers, avoiding the prying gazes of curious onlookers.

Fu Qingyan, still processing the unusual turn of events, felt an air of strangeness but was elated by her sister's impressive performance.

Xiaolian couldn't resist offering praise, "A-yan, your sister is truly exceptional. It's no wonder; she is the daughter of renowned cultivators."

Turning to Fu Qingyan, he added, "Are you planning to watch the swordfight match between Fu Xiu and me?"

Fu Qingyan responded with enthusiasm, "Of course, Xiaolian. You're quite fortunate to face Fu Xiu. It's all because none of the new disciples match your skills here ... well, if not for the rules, you could have been selected just like that! "

With a grin, Xiaolian replied, "You're flattering me, A-yan. Just wait and witness the legendary match between me and A-Xiu."