[two] sleepover

"i hate change" Stiles spits, his posture stiffening and yet again staring right at me.

"Stiles, really?" Scott says with an exasperated sigh, shooting daggers at his best friend. Everyone turns to stare at me, anticipating my response, probably expecting me to cry or run off, which honestly i would've; if my guardian angel didn't arrive right then and there.

"DRINKS!" Malia hollers, walking over with a tray of brightly coloured liquids, grinning expectantly at everyone. I had already drunk more than i ever had in my entire life but i needed anything i could consume to make me forget this situation, so i grabbed an orange drink and chugged it as fast as i possibly could, draining the red solo cup in a matter of seconds. The drink did what i so desperately wanted it to, quelling the anxiety in my stomach and dulling the awkwardness of the situation for a fleeting moment, from my perspective at least.

Malia stares at me strangely, looking around at everyone in confusion. "What did i miss?" she questions, as i retreat back to staring at the floor. "Oh nothing" Kira replies, a tone of irritation present in her voice, "just Stiles being a massive dick". Malia glances at me and then stares strongly at stiles.

Maybe it was the alcohol, or maybe it was the lighting but i could've sworn i saw her eyes flash a luminescent blue.

Allison breaks the awkward silence by suggesting we all sit down together.

On the couch, where Stiles is sat.

I love her, but seriously? I hesitantly follow them, sandwiching myself between Malia and Kira, whilst desperately trying to distance myself from Stiles as much as possible. Everyone begins to talk and i take another drink from the tray, which is now conveniently placed on the coffee table directly in front of me.

Easy access i guess?

With every movement i make, i'm hyper-aware of the cold stares that i am receiving from Stiles, causing me to cross my arms around myself and play with the necklace that my mother had given me to wear for "special occasions".

Everyone has began to talk about the colleges they're going to and i tune into the conversation to distract myself for a few moments. I learn that Lydia is going to MIT, Malia and Kira have no idea where to go, nd Scott is trying to get into the veterinary school UCD, although he was more interested in gushing about how Ally should go to NYU for photography whilst she sat there coyly, turning an adorable shade of pink. Stiles didn't speak once, still staring at me as if he was trying to read my mind, almost trying to sus out my intentions. I kept my head down, wishing he'd just leave me alone, but the feeling of his eyes burning into me kept persevering.

"Rue?" Malia says bringing me back to reality. I snap my head up meeting her gaze, "I was just asking where you were going to college", she queries; looking at me expectantly. "Well actually i secured an FBI internship in Virginia" I replied, smiling at her. But before anyone had a chance to answer, Stiles let out a loud scoff of annoyance whilst simultaneously slapping his knees.