[nine] Gila?

Rue Porter-

Rue Porter-

Stiles flashes a look of recognition to the teacher before drearily making his way over to his seat. He sits down without looking at me, keeping his eyes fixated on the front of the room.

I sneak a look at him for a moment, scanning his tiresome expression. His face looked different, dark under-eyes stained his otherwise perfect complexion and his messy bed head gave him the appearance that he hadn't seen sleep for weeks.

"As i was saying-" The teacher continues, "this assignment in question is directed to a very hardworking student and her not so hard working partner." He says jokingly; "congratulations Rue and Stiles."

I smile at him, taking the paperwork as he walks back to the front of the room before explaining the other assignments to the rest of the class.

To my surprise, Stiles acknowledges me for the first time since last week. He abruptly turns to face me, "What's the assignment?" He questions, his voice sounding rough.

I explain everything that the teacher had told us, every detail we knew about Donovan, being careful not to make any awkward eye contact with him.

After i'd finished explaining, i look up at him, taking in his eerie expression. His face looks as if all of the blood has been drained from his body, its completely blank and no emotions seem to register behind his eyes.

I cock my head slightly, leaning close to him; "Stiles, are you okay?"

He doesn't answer, so i reach out, softly placing my hand on his shoulder. "Stiles. I said are you okay?" He notices my touch, flinching violently, his body quickly shifting backwards.

"Don't fucking touch me." He says, his hand harshly grabbing mine.

I quickly look down at my hand, seeing it redden quickly under his grasp, the top of my fingers turning white. My face crumples with sadness.

after everything i told him he still treats me like this.

I snatch my hand from his, as his face drops in realisation. "I'm sorry," he sighs, rubbing his hand down his face.

I scoff at him; "if you were sorry you'd stop doing whatever this is." I reply, grabbing my bag and leaving just as the bell rang.

Rushing hastily down the hall, i squeeze my eyes to prevent myself from crying in-front of everyone.

Why am i so stupid? Why did i think after last week Stiles had changed? That maybe we could finally be friends.

I burst through the door of my dorm, flinging myself onto the bed and letting out a therapeutic sigh. "Hard day?" Renee asks, stirring her cup of coffee.

"Don't ask," I reply, my words muffled as i shove my face into a pillow.

I lift my head from the pillow, as renee sits next to me. "I'm so stupid" I sigh, running my hands through my hair. "Shut up Rue," Renee says, placing her hand on my knee, "i'm guessing Stiles is back?" She continues as i nod in return.