Chapter 20: My Sperm Donor

I'm such an idiot, I wrote the chapter before this a while ago and forgot to upload it, so that's why I'm doing them on the same day. Sorry for lack of updates, it's exam season and I need these grades to get into college. But hey, at least it's two updates in one day. And the end is almost here...

Enjoy :)

Chapter : My Sperm Donor

*

*

*

Right, uh, well, okay." Dr. Knight shifts awkwardly in her seat, arranging and rearranging the position of her hands.

I'm not surprised she feels this way, I've just replayed my recent discovery to her, blank faced and emotionless.

She takes in a deep breath. Like she's the one who's having a tough time. Good.

"Listen, Elizabeth, allowing my nephew-" nephew. "-staying here and recording certain things for journalistic purposes, is not technically illegal but it looks highly unprofessional to say the least."

"To say the least." I agree, nodding slowly.

She picks up on my 'taking-no-shit' mood quickly. Her eyes have something in them, something I'm well aquatinted with; fear.

I could get her fired with this information.

"Elizabeth," Dr. Knight leans forward, her voice borderline desperate. "I understand why you're mad, I do! But if you leak this, my whole career, my livelihood will ruined! That's why I tried to stir you away from being friends with Mason in the beginning, I didn't want him being too involved with any patients here! He should have known better, I know, but you must understand how imp-"

"I want to get out of here." I interrupt her, my voice quiet but determined.

Dr. Knight frowns and leans back. She watches my face intently for a few moments, before she finally sighs and shakes her head.

"I see you want to make a bargain, but that is not possible. Letting a patient out of care could easily ruin my career as quickly as you could."

I could?

That's strange, how someone's future is in the balance of my decisions. In the balance of my mind.

It's a shame my mind is out of balance.

"No. I don't want to be let out of 'care'" I snort humourlessly. "I want to be let out of this institution. I want to be let out of Rosedale. Anywhere but here."

Dr. Knights's eyes widen at this, she's obviously confused.

After all, why would anyone want to leave this wonderful place?

"You want to leave Rosedale?" She asks slowly. "I don't understand?"

I roll my eyes meanly, making a show of her idiocy. This time, I'm the one who leans forward, I rest my elbows on the edge of the desk.

"You're right, I want to make a deal, so here it is. You transfer me to a different institution, preferably somewhere sunny, and I won't let any of this slip."

I imagine it. Yeah, I might be still locked up, but I'll be somewhere hot, somewhere far away from my mom, somewhere away from all of the bad memories, away from where my father is (suspected to be), away from Mason.

Dr. Knight looks quite genuinely flabbergasted. She stutters and shakes her head and frowns and shifts in her seat.

"Elizabeth, I-I can't just transfer you! I have to have a valid reason for doing so, and even then it has to be a good one, and you- this reason, well, I can't exactly justify it, can I?!"