Chapter 11: Goodbye

I'm so-o-o sorry. Like really, really sorry, for the few of you who read this story, I feel ashamed it took this long to update.

However there is good news, I have more ideas and inspiration about the story so yeah, I know where I'm going with it more clearly now.

Also, this chapter is pur-retty depressing. I gotta say. But it needed to be done for me to continue, the next chapter should be better and there is way more Liz and Mason in the next chapter but whatever.

Thankyou to whoever reads this story and votes and comments even constructive criticism is welcomed if you have anything to say, my biggest goal is to improve :)

------------------------------------------------

Chapter 11: Goodbye

*

*

*

The Blanks try to usher us out if the way, but everyone ignores them anyway and watches in disbelief. I think almost every single patient and staff are crowded in this huddle we're in. This circle of horror.

The medics push through with with stretcher and everyone just stares. They've covered up the body, but the white sheet is already stained with blood, and her long blonde hair peaks out and hangs over the edge.

Some people turn away, other's cry, I just continue to stare.

Next, it's the police. They bring him out handcuffed and screaming like a mad man. For some reason, to me, seeing him like that is a lot harder to process than seeing a sheet with a body under it.

It's a lot harder seeing the blood all over him and knowing it's not his own.

I feel Mason tense beside me, looking up at him, I bite my lip. He's glaring at him like he's going to run over there and rip his head off.

The 'him' in question is Roan, AKA, H.D. Yeah, remember the friendly kid who is always banging his ol' noggin on something? Well that's him, the one with the blood all over him, with her blood all over him.

She had been Mason's friend, and her name was Andrea. Remember the slut that I don't- didn't like? The nymphomaniac? Yeah, well, she's the body laying on that stretcher, covered by a stained white sheet.

I have to try hard not to throw up.

Unexpectedly, Mason puts his arm around me and pulls me into him, squeezing me tightly. I don't shout or push him away, I just close my eyes and try to forget the images of H.D with blood splattered on his face and staining his clothes.

Mason is squeezing me so tightly, it's hard to breath and it hurts, but I don't object or say anything. I think this is more for his sake than it is mine.

I want to cry for him, I want to take away all of the pain he's feeling right now and put it on myself. He was close to Andrea. She often came over and sat at our table at lunch and they would laugh and joke and Mason would tease me and Andrea would tell him to stop being mean and I would just glare at her because I didn't like her and I didn't need her help to defend me.

She was just some slut that wanted to get into Mason's pants, at least that was how I saw it, and no matter how hard I try to deny it, I was jealous. I was jealous because they could joke together so easily, and despite why she was in here, she didn't have to worry about freaking out, or her palms getting sweaty, or her heart beating so fast it was all you could think about. She didn't get nervous, or anxious, or worry about anything, she was nice to everyone and she was that type of easy going person that everyone got along with.