Chapter 17 - Another Round?

*Claires POV*

As the song drew to a close I slowly pulled from Myr's perfect embrace and got a drink, "You want one Myr?" I called, instantly he was a foot behind me with a small grin on his face, "Indeed I would, O negative if applicable, dear girl" I noted the lack of a nickname, just a term he used for any friend. I also picked up on the tension behind his eyes as he spoke the words to me. Was he hiding us from Gwion? Thats odd, Myrnin was never one to keep me hidden back, he was always so proud to tell everyone about how smart I was and how I helped him and how I had learnt so much from him. Gwion didn't even know I existed in this town. I drew my eyebrows together and turned from Myrnin to get his drink. There was almost barrel containers filled with blood, each had a label of its type. Ew. I turned my head away as I poured the drink, desperately avoiding looking at it. I handed it to Myrnin, who was bouncing his leg as he stood still. Very unlike him. He took it without a word and walked towards the table. I stood there, confused as hell. He is NEVER like that with me, have I pissed him off? Is he seriously hiding me and him from Gwion? If he was then why dance with me? Oh that explains it. He's dancing with anyone apparently. I could feel the anger bubbling inside me as Myrnin walked towards Monica of all people. Monica seemed as confused as I was, and Myrnin flashed his fangs at her, not a word was spoken and she took his hand and walked to the dance floor. I had never been more pissed off in my life. Last night he was telling me how he loved me and had for years. Now he's being a dick and blowing me off for Monica? What the hell? I could feel my hands curl into fists as I stormed past the dance floor, I roughly saw Eve, I was too annoyed to see straight, and grabbed, hopefully Eve, and pulled her along with me. From the "CB you good? Whats going on?" Im pretty sure its Eve.

I got to the backroom and opened a portal to the Glass House. I shut it hard behind me and sat on the sofa. "CB talk to me, why are you so mad?" "Why am I so mad," was she fucking joking "I finally come back to Morganville, and get together with Myrnin and within less that 24 hours he's being a dick, blowing me off for Monica and is clearly too embarrassed of me to even tell Gwion that I work with him. All this town is is bad luck for my love life. With Shane and now Myrnin. Why did I come back? To get more pissed off?" I was so mad. I was screaming half of what I said. Why the hell did I come back? For the people I loved here, yeah great now one of them has already fucked up. Ive barley been here 3 days. "CB, i'm sure Myrnin's not embarrassed by you. Maybe its to do with Gwion and not Myrnin? Maybe Gwion shouldn't know how to get to people, like he shouldn't know how much Myrnin cares for you incase he uses that against him? I don't know CB, all I know is that crazy dude is crazy in love with you. Has been for years. Also, why didn't you tell me yous are official?!" She shrieked the last part, her voice about 10 octaves too high. "Well it really doesn't matter now, clearly I thought it was something it wasn't..." but thats not like Myr at all. I know he has logic behind everything, I know he's not stupid, I know he cares about me. What I don't know is Gwion. Maybe Eve's onto something there. "CB... C'mon your the smart chick right? Use that big ass brain of yours!" "I think I wanna spend some time around Gwion. Olivers being odd, Myrnins being weird and Amelie is being ice queen 2.0, shes been so happy until this, well at least from what i've seen"

Eve shot me a huge grin, "lets go see what he's like then!" I opened a portal back to the party and shut it, much gentler this time, behind me and Eve. Eve smiled and gave me a small nod, any words and a vamp might hear, and she sauntered back to Micheal. I walked back to the drinks table and grabbed a glass, filled it to the brim with vodka and ice, and chugged like my life depended on it. I could not pull this off sober. I then grabbed another glass and made a much more socially acceptable vodka and lemonade. I walked back to the table and sat back down, Gwions friends had ventured elsewhere, Amelie and Oliver were dancing together and Myrnin was nowhere to be seen. I shot Gwion a smile, "What are you drinking?" "Blood." He said, an eyebrow raised. I met his challenge, "What type, don't say B positive, it smells awful, at least O negative is more tolerable, AB negative is by far the best smelling, it has almost a sweet scent." I cocked my head to the side a tiny touch and smiled at his gone out look. He was not expecting a human to casually chatter about the aroma of blood i'm sure. "Well you would share my tastes then, i'm drinking AB negative. You are not normal are you? You work with Myrnin without being murdered, you sit with Amelie and  clearly know Oliver well enough. Pray tell, why are you so well regarded. How are you alive? Do you know the histories of the people you surround yourself with, or are you simply a lucky clueless child?" He cocked his head back at me a gave me a small smile, his eyes watching my every movement. I know he saw the anger spreading across my face from his grin widening. He was trying to rile me up. Now I was pissed, but I wouldn't show it. I knew he intended to cause trouble, which was probably why Myrnin kept me quiet. And why Amelie was so annoyed when I talked before. I took a small breath and smiled. "I can assure you, I know what i'm doing. Don't you worry. If your that interested in me, figure shit out on your own. Or get your little 'buddies' to do it. Im not the 'child' who's gonna cough up my guts to keep you entertained." I stood and walked to the drinks once more, looked over my shoulder to see Gwion watching me very intently. I waved him over, grabbed two shot glasses and filled each with, yet again, more vodka, my heads gonna hate me tomorrow. Oh well. I handed him a glass and we drank them, then another, and another, and then a few more. Before the band was finished and the speakers took over, playing some modern music. "Okay okay, last one! Im actually not going to be able to get up tomorrow if I have more" I laughed to Gwion. I really couldn't think straight and everything was so funny. He seemed nice! Maybe i'm just drunk, I swear I hated him like an hour ago. Oh well! I threw back the shot and then gasped, "Oh my god I love this song!" I grabbed Gwion's arm and pulled him to the dance floor, he actually seemed to be enjoying himself. He had a smile on his face as he danced with me, surprisingly, he actually knew a lot of the songs!

*Gwion's POV*

The girl was interesting, she was so quick to respond, clearly not afraid. She had drank a lot for a human girl of her size. However, I was quite enjoying her company. She was snappy and determined and, for lack of a better word, sassy. I found I actually quite like the girl. We were dancing and singing along to the songs when I felt Myrnin's presence just to the right of me. I didn't look at him, instead I took the young ones hand and spun her around, pulling her into my arms for the slower part of the song. She laughed lightly, she had a musical laugh, high and delicate. As the song finished she smiled up at me, "another round?" she grinned, "Do you not recall saying, and I quote, 'Im actually not going to be able to get up tomorrow if I have more' child?". To my surprise, she rolled her eyes at me and took my hand, 'pulling' me to the drinks. However she was stopped almost instantly as she noticed Myrnin, fury rolling off of him in waves. I smirked, clearly he was trying to hide something or a little miss someone from me.