Chapter 15 - Ball

*Claires POV*

I stood under the excruciatingly vibrant lights. I hadn't preformed in about a week and had no clue what to sing today. The people were buzzing around the room as I heard glimpses of conversations, some excited, some nervous. I took a deep breath, my loose curls sat on my shoulders, feeling suddenly heavy.

I could see the table Gwion was due to sit at, it was front and centre, directly facing the stage. The table was beautiful, a round 8 person table, with a white lace tablecloth and beautiful flowers. Placemats that glittered in the lights, holding champagne glasses that seemed to shine directly into my eyes. Or maybe that was just the blinding fear of disappointing Myrnin in-front of his mentor? Yes, that sounds about right.

I checked my phone one last time before putting it onto silent and slipping it backstage. No new messages, they should arrive in a couple minutes. God i'm so nervous! Monica ran to the stage and gave me a small smile, "Someone should be here in about an hour and a half, he has to get in from Dallas but he said he will leave now."

I nodded at her, I had to fill the stage and preform for at least an hour and a half. I haven't warmed up my voice, I haven't decided on songs. This isn't going to go well. I ran to the band, they are alway here, they were all from the college, but they moved to Morganville now so they know about the towns secrets! I gave them a few of my more slow songs and a few fun ones too.

The lights suddenly dimmed and I heard the chatter die down, they were here. My heart was racing, I couldn't breathe, I felt like I was about to pass out. No. I have to do this for Myr. I took a long, deep breath and looked out to the audience, everyone was gazing at the stairs. I looked up as the doors opened wide. Oliver descended the stairs first, the spokesman introduced him,

"Lord Oliver Cromwell of England."

Oliver wore a charcoal black suit, tailored to his body with a luscious green tie. He held himself tall as he came down the stairs and shot me a quick confused glance but clearer his confusion and sat at the front table.

"Lord Myrnin Conwy of Wales."

Myrnin sauntered down the stairs in stunning, unbothered confidence. He looked proud and serious and confident. He wore a stunning deep green blazer that matched his perfect eyes, paired with black trousers. He wore an expensive black tie that hung loosely around his neck. His top button was undone and his hair cut slightly shorter. He glanced at me for a quick second but refused to let his gaze linger as he sat at the table.

"Lady Amelie Bishop of France"

Amelie emerged from the doors looking stunning as always, she wore a gorgeous navy blue ballgown that hugged her body perfectly. It had long sleeves that flowed out at the wrists, bell sleeves. Her ice blonde hair was up in a curled bun and had two pieces at the front, framing her face. She walked down the stairs gracefully, holding the rail with one hand. She made her way to the table and in between Myrnin and Oliver. She glanced at me, her eyebrows drew together in a confused stare, but she soon replaced the look with cool clarity.

"And our guests of honour tonight,"

Guests? More than one? I thought it was just Gwion? I stopped my thoughts from dragging on as I refocused back on the spokesman.

"Lord Gwion of Wales and his guests Lord Ciaran of Ireland and Lord Iver of Scotland."

Gwion stood front and centre of the group, he wore a black suit and a green tie, like Myrnin his tie was loose and the top button undone. His hair was deep brown and his eyes green like Myrnins. Ciaran had a pair of black trousers and a burnt orange jacket that seemed to match his ear length deep ginger hair exactly. His eyes were blue and glittered under the lights. Iver wore a pair of black trousers and a blood red blazer. His hair was black and short with small flicks of curls. The three walked down, taking in all of the room. They sat at the table, Gwion next to Myrnin.

The spokesman then announced,

"Enjoy the party, let the music begin."

Ah, that must be the que! The band began to play one of my slowest songs Fire N Gold.

Like an astronaut that's scared of heights
With a heart that's beating at the speed of light
You've been waiting for this feeling all your life
Sometimes it's just hard to realize
When you're stuck in a moment
And your spark has been stolen
This is our time to own it
So own it
Baby, we were born with
Fire and gold in our eyes, eyes
With fire and gold in our eyes, eyes
Got lightning in a bottle
Hands on the throttle
Even in the dust we shine
With fire and gold in our eyes
There is something different about you and I (about you and I)
And I feel like I have known you my whole life
There is beauty behind every tear you've cried
Sometimes it's just hard to realize
When you're stuck in a moment
And your spark has been stolen
This is our time to own it
So own it
Baby, we were born with
Fire and gold in our eyes, eyes
With fire and gold in our eyes, eyes
Got lightning in a bottle
Hands on the throttle
Even in the dust we shine
With fire and gold in our eyes
There is love inside this madness
We are walking on the moon
Though I don't believe in magic
I believe in me and you
Ooh, ooh
I believe in me and you
Baby, we were born with
Fire and gold in our eyes, eyes
With fire and gold in our eyes, eyes
Got lightning in a bottle
Hands on the throttle
Even in the dust we shine
With fire and gold in our eyes
Yea, yea, yea
Yea, yea, yea, yea, yea

I sang the song with all eyes on me. Gwion seemed to be looking at me oddly, I really didn't like it but hey the show must go on.

As the song drew to an end everyone clapped, the spotlight then dimmed as the food was served, the band played music quietly and I didn't sing. People began to chatter and discuss whatever it was they felt like. I turned to the guitarist and he nodded at me, once the food was all served the spotlight came back on and I preformed more songs. It was about an hour into the evening and I saw Monica stand up, she left the room. I really hope she's getting the guy she hired. I preformed another song and, out of my peripheral vision I saw Monica with a man backstage. My song ended and I walked backstage, I gave the man the microphone and wished him luck.

Monica gave me a small smile which a returned. We walked out and back into the main room, I went to sit with Eve but was stopped by Amelie.

"Miss Danvers, do sit beside Oliver"

And so I pulled the chair out and sat down, directly opposite Gwion...

A/N sorry if this isnt great, i havent wrote in ages. love yous x

word count - 1277